export/import functions for linux arm - X

This is a discussion on export/import functions for linux arm - X ; Hi, I used to use the following functions before for wince arm .dll: -GetProcAddress -LoadLibrary -__declspec(dllimport) Now I'm working on Linux arm and .so. Are there any equivalent functions for them? Thx....

  1. export/import functions for linux arm

    Hi,
    I used to use the following functions before for wince arm .dll:
    -GetProcAddress
    -LoadLibrary
    -__declspec(dllimport)

    Now I'm working on Linux arm and .so. Are there any equivalent functions
    for them?

    Thx.

  2. Re: export/import functions for linux arm

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:32:07 -0500, kelly staggered into the Black Sun
    and said:

    Does this question have anything at all to do with the X Window System
    ("display driver") on Linux? If not, you're posting to the wrong bloody
    newsgroup. Followup-To: set; follow it!

    > I used to use the following functions before for wince arm .dll:
    > -GetProcAddress -LoadLibrary -__declspec(dllimport)
    >
    > Now I'm working on Linux arm and .so. Are there any equivalent
    > functions for them?

    What are you trying to do? Are you trying to build a shared library
    from source? That requires that you pass -fPIC to all the source files
    you're compiling, and -shared for the final object. Like so:

    gcc -fPIC -c file1.c
    gcc -fPIC -c file2.c
    gcc -shared -o libfoo.so.1.2.3 file2.o file1.o

    ....put something like that into your Makefile. If you meant something
    else, you need to describe it fully. There are Windows concepts that
    don't translate at all into what you do on Linux. I think you may want
    to read the man page for dlopen, though, if you're going to ask ld.so to
    do something like load a .so that isn't in a directory described in
    /etc/ld.so.conf . (Don't do that if you can avoid it.) HTH,

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!