desktop icons - X

This is a discussion on desktop icons - X ; I'm aware that you can add icons to the KDE desktop for whatever apps you want to add there. Do other graphic environments have this capability? I've done a quick scan, and I don't see that with other desktops. thanks...

  1. desktop icons

    I'm aware that you can add icons to the KDE desktop for whatever apps you
    want to add there. Do other graphic environments have this capability?
    I've done a quick scan, and I don't see that with other desktops.

    thanks

  2. Re: desktop icons

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:43:02 -0700,
    ray , in
    wrote:
    >+ want to add there. Do other graphic environments have this capability?
    >+ I've done a quick scan, and I don't see that with other desktops.

    Gnome: right click the desktop background, "Create Launcher"

    James
    isn't looking good, either.