can't start x windows in linux redhat 6.2 - X

This is a discussion on can't start x windows in linux redhat 6.2 - X ; Hi guys, I just install linux redhat 6.2 on my computer, and try to use startx to the graphical interface, but I can't use the Xconfigurator to configure devices. My monitor is: SAMSUNG SyncMaster 755DF Video card is: NVIDIA GeForce2 ...

  1. can't start x windows in linux redhat 6.2

    Hi guys,

    I just install linux redhat 6.2 on my computer, and try to use startx
    to the graphical interface, but I can't use the Xconfigurator to
    configure devices.

    My monitor is: SAMSUNG SyncMaster 755DF
    Video card is: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200

    I can't find either one on the configration list. It says they
    couldn't find the right server for this. Does anyone know how to solve
    this problem?

    Really appreciate you help.

    Laura

  2. Re: can't start x windows in linux redhat 6.2

    On 7 Jan 2005 12:21:52 -0800, Laura staggered into the Black Sun and
    said:
    > I just install linux redhat 6.2 on my computer,

    That's really, really, really old. Use something newer.

    > Video card is: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
    > I can't find either one on the configration list. It says they
    > couldn't find the right server for this.

    The Geforce 2 MX didn't exist when Redhat 6.2 was released. Use a newer
    distro (Fedora Core 3 is the latest Redhat-like distro that's free beer)
    and your video card will be autodetected and supported.

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!