agpgart problems with K8T800 - X

This is a discussion on agpgart problems with K8T800 - X ; I am having some trouble getting the agpgart to work with my nvidia card (running the latest nvidia drivers)....with the ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard (i.e., VIA K8T800) -- kernel 2.6.10. I have tried several combinations of solutions -- currently I ...

  1. agpgart problems with K8T800

    I am having some trouble getting the agpgart to work with my nvidia
    card (running the latest nvidia drivers)....with the ASUS A8V Deluxe
    motherboard (i.e., VIA K8T800) -- kernel 2.6.10. I have tried several
    combinations of solutions -- currently I have agpgart and AMD Athlon64
    GART as modules (although having them as built-in to the kernel doesn't
    seem to help)....My card is recognized at the time of booting, but it
    seems that X (x.org) still won't start with agpgart support
    (A simple "cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status" reveals that it is
    disabled, yet the other files in ./apg/ seem to see that I have an AGP
    capable card....
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Bill

  2. Re: agpgart problems with K8T800

    bill wrote:
    > I am having some trouble getting the agpgart to work with my nvidia
    > card (running the latest nvidia drivers)....with the ASUS A8V Deluxe
    > motherboard (i.e., VIA K8T800) -- kernel 2.6.10. I have tried several
    > combinations of solutions -- currently I have agpgart and AMD Athlon64
    > GART as modules (although having them as built-in to the kernel doesn't
    > seem to help)....My card is recognized at the time of booting, but it
    > seems that X (x.org) still won't start with agpgart support
    > (A simple "cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status" reveals that it is
    > disabled, yet the other files in ./apg/ seem to see that I have an AGP
    > capable card....

    Use the nvgart instead that is part of the nVidia driver, works a lot better
    for me at least.

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread