Setting background in KDE using bgbuddy - X

This is a discussion on Setting background in KDE using bgbuddy - X ; Hi, I've been using bgbuddy (with some local extensions) with various window managers (WindowMaker, Fluxbox, IceWM) and the Gnome desktop and have no problems what so ever. Now one of my friends wants to use bgbuddy with the KDE desktop, ...

  1. Setting background in KDE using bgbuddy

    Hi,

    I've been using bgbuddy (with some local extensions) with various window
    managers (WindowMaker, Fluxbox, IceWM) and the Gnome desktop and have no
    problems what so ever.

    Now one of my friends wants to use bgbuddy with the KDE desktop, but this
    is not supported and I cannot really figure out how to support this. Is
    there someone who managed to get bgbuddy to work with KDE?

    Thanks for any pointers.

    --
    Kees

  2. Re: Setting background in KDE using bgbuddy

    Kees de Bruin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been using bgbuddy (with some local extensions) with various window
    > managers (WindowMaker, Fluxbox, IceWM) and the Gnome desktop and have no
    > problems what so ever.
    >
    > Now one of my friends wants to use bgbuddy with the KDE desktop, but this
    > is not supported and I cannot really figure out how to support this. Is
    > there someone who managed to get bgbuddy to work with KDE?

    As far as I know, it's made for a gtk based environment, KDE uses qt.
    KDE itself does already have the features of bgbuddy, so no need to use it in KDE.

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread