XmCascadeButtonGadget in XmOptionMenu too high - X

This is a discussion on XmCascadeButtonGadget in XmOptionMenu too high - X ; Hi all, I'm having a weird thing with XmCascadeButtonGadget in XmOptionMenus; on our several Linux versions (with in turn several (Open)Motif version) they appear too high. The same application when built and run on IRIX, will show the normal height ...

  1. XmCascadeButtonGadget in XmOptionMenu too high

    Hi all,
    I'm having a weird thing with XmCascadeButtonGadget in XmOptionMenus;
    on our several Linux versions (with in turn several (Open)Motif
    version) they appear too high. The same application when built and run
    on IRIX, will show the normal height for the button. I tried to set
    each and every resource in order to reduce the height, to no avail; I
    can set the color of the button, but cannot set the height of it, not
    of the button itself, not by altering the height of enclosing container
    widgets.

    How/where to set the height of these buttons???

    thx, Harry

  2. Re: XmCascadeButtonGadget in XmOptionMenu too high

    A Motif menu is in fact a XmRowColumn. You may try to fiddle with
    some of the menu resources. Are you sure that the menu widget
    XmNorientation is set to XmVERTICAL?

    Could you post a code snip?

  3. Re: XmCascadeButtonGadget in XmOptionMenu too high

    nojunk@gate.cpmet.ufpel.tche.br wrote:
    > A Motif menu is in fact a XmRowColumn. You may try to fiddle with
    > some of the menu resources. Are you sure that the menu widget
    > XmNorientation is set to XmVERTICAL?

    Yes, I read out the widget-tree and relevant resources with 'editres',
    and tried to alter them both with editres, and in the apps' own
    xdefaults-resource file: I succeeded in changing the color (just to
    make sure I had the right instance), but not the size (height,
    marginHeight etc.)... I tried for the button itself and for enclosing
    containers (xmforms, xmrowcolumns) higher in the widget tree (that is
    parents of the button).

    Yes, I'm pretty sure the orientation is set to Vertical: functionally
    the menu works just fine, showing all menu-items correctly.

    On IRIX (Unix) systems, the height of the menu is correct. It seems to
    me in Linux, the height of the buttons is somehow enforced ...

    I have seen this problem mentioned elsewhere, but at the time, no
    answer was found/given, and I could not get in contact with the
    questioner.

+ Reply to Thread