Howto remove X cursor - X

This is a discussion on Howto remove X cursor - X ; Hello I'd like to remove the X cursor because I use a touchscreen. How is it possible ? TIA...

  1. Howto remove X cursor

    Hello
    I'd like to remove the X cursor because I use a touchscreen.
    How is it possible ?
    TIA

  2. Re: Howto remove X cursor

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:57:55 +0100, Helix staggered into the Black Sun
    and said:
    > I'd like to remove the X cursor because I use a touchscreen. How is
    > it possible ?

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search , paste
    slrncpkrdh.90h.danSPANceswitTRAPhcro...202.dyndns.org into
    the "find messages with this Message-ID" box, press "Search". Read the
    message and the thread it's part of. If the proposed solution works,
    post to Usenet and describe how you got it to work and any changes you
    had to make to get it to work.

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!

  3. Re: Howto remove X cursor

    >> I'd like to remove the X cursor because I use a touchscreen. How is
    >> it possible ?

    > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search , paste
    > slrncpkrdh.90h.danSPANceswitTRAPhcro...202.dyndns.org into
    > the "find messages with this Message-ID" box, press "Search". Read the
    > message and the thread it's part of. If the proposed solution works,
    > post to Usenet and describe how you got it to work and any changes you
    > had to make to get it to work.

    Hi

    I tried
    # unclutter
    and
    # unclutter -grab
    but nothig happens.
    Does anybody tested it before ?
    TIA

  4. Re: Howto remove X cursor

    > I tried
    > # unclutter
    > and
    > # unclutter -grab

    Sorry, it works only if my cursor is into a window, if I am on the 'desktop'
    the cursor remain always visible.
    Thank you

    ../helix

  5. Re: Howto remove X cursor

  6. Re: Howto remove X cursor

    Helix wrote:
    >>I tried
    >># unclutter
    >>and
    >># unclutter -grab

    > Sorry, it works only if my cursor is into a window, if I am on the 'desktop'
    > the cursor remain always visible.
    > Thank you
    >
    > ./helix

    according to the man page you need to specify "unclutter -root" in order
    to remove the cursor "even if it is on the root background..". It works
    fine here. Maybe you're running a different version..? The one that
    doesn't come with a man page possibly..??

+ Reply to Thread