ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 - X

This is a discussion on ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 - X ; Hi, I'm trying to run my notebook with the ATI Radeon Mobilty 9700 video card. After downloading and installing the ATI driver (from ati.com) and creating the config file XF86Config-4 with the tool "fglrxconfig" I get the error message when ...

  1. ATI Radeon Mobility 9700

    Hi,

    I'm trying to run my notebook with the ATI Radeon
    Mobilty 9700 video card. After downloading and installing
    the ATI driver (from ati.com) and creating the config file
    XF86Config-4 with the tool "fglrxconfig" I get the error
    message when running startx:
    [...]
    (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)

    But that's not possible because the module is loaded which
    lsmod can confirm:

    Module Size Used by
    fglrx 228700 0

    Any hints how to get the x-server running?

    Thanks
    Chris

  2. Re: ATI Radeon Mobility 9700

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:14:42 +0100,
    Christian Christmann , in
    <320h6eF1o4crqU5@individual.net> wrote:

    >+ (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)
    >+
    >+ But that's not possible because the module is loaded which
    >+ lsmod can confirm:
    >+
    >+ Module Size Used by
    >+ fglrx 228700 0
    >+
    >+
    >+ Any hints how to get the x-server running?

    As I recall, those are two different modules. Kernel modules live in
    /lib/modules// and the X modules live in
    /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/ . It's the latter that causing X to gripe.

    So there's an extra fglrx floating around, but not where it needs to
    be. Sorry for being less than exact, but my radeon 9600 laptop isn't
    at hand.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.