ames and graphics cards ? - X

This is a discussion on ames and graphics cards ? - X ; hi all, I have been wondering lately what the state of play is with graphics card support 9as well as ubs cameras) these days ? Last time was when ut 2003 just came out - it played on linux but ...

  1. ames and graphics cards ?

    hi all,

    I have been wondering lately what the state of play is with graphics
    card support 9as well as ubs cameras) these days ? Last time was when
    ut 2003 just came out - it played on linux but was slow. Have there
    been any interesteding developments lately as ive been away for a while.

    cheers

    dave

  2. Re: ames and graphics cards ?

    dave frost schrieb:
    > hi all,
    >
    > I have been wondering lately what the state of play is with graphics
    > card support 9as well as ubs cameras) these days ?

    Nvidia drivers are nonfree, stable and fast.
    ATI drivers from ATI are nonfree, unstable and slow.
    ATI drivers from DRI are free, stable and fast, but support only cards
    up to the 9250. For newer cards there is a reverse engineering project
    that seem to procced quite well and might lead to a DRI driver in some
    years.
    Intel drivers from DRI are free, stable and fast.
    3Dlabs claims to have nonfree drivers for the Wildcat Realizm.
    For their Wildcat VP they once gave specs to a single DRI develeoper and
    have since ceased to cooperate with the DRI project. 3dlabs themselves
    doesn't offer drivers, but gave the specs to a company that sells
    drivers.

    Philipp

+ Reply to Thread