I'm on a frozen (i.e. no OS updates permitted) RedHat system - something
that calls itself 2.4.20-30.9. It's probably a version 7 or 8 level
RedHat.

I'm trying out Firefox 1.0 PR on it. And it seems to me that the
version of Flash that comes with this firefox is quite slow - GUI features
like menus that display on other systems in less than a second take
30 seconds or more on this configuration.

Is the version of flash that comes with Firefox 1.0 PR Linux particularly
slow? Or do you have to configure the system specially to get better
speed? The network itself doesn't appear slow - I can ftp files quickly,
etc.
--
MP3 ID tag repair < http://www.fixtunes.com/?C=17038 >
http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/ >