remote commands for Mozilla on linux question - X

This is a discussion on remote commands for Mozilla on linux question - X ; Hello. Platform: Mozilla 1.2.1 on an older (perhaps version 8?) Red Hat system. I'm not able to update either at this time. I am seeing the following behavior. From the shell, I issue a command such as: mozilla -remote 'openURL( ...

  1. remote commands for Mozilla on linux question

    Hello.

    Platform:
    Mozilla 1.2.1 on an older (perhaps version 8?) Red Hat system.
    I'm not able to update either at this time.

    I am seeing the following behavior.

    From the shell, I issue a command such as:

    mozilla -remote 'openURL(http://www.google.com/)'

    While this works for a few times in a row, after about 10-20 times, I start
    to get this error message:

    Failed to send command.

    and the -remote no longer works.

    I googled and found one other person, about 18 months ago, with
    the same symptoms, but found no solutions mentioed.

    I was wondering if anyone knew of something that could be done from the
    command line to 'reset' mozilla so it is able to send commands again.

    --
    MP3 ID tag repair < http://www.fixtunes.com/?C=17038 >
    http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/ >

  2. Re: remote commands for Mozilla on linux question

    > I was wondering if anyone knew of something that could be done from the
    > command line to 'reset' mozilla so it is able to send commands again.

    pkill mozilla?

    --
    To reply by email, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"

+ Reply to Thread