problem with debian woody 3.1 - X

This is a discussion on problem with debian woody 3.1 - X ; Hello All, I have following problem with my Debian Woody (LCD screen, PS/2 mouse, NVIDIA graphics etc): when i installed xserver computer hangs up after several minutes when not used and no monitor keyboard mouse or sshd is reacting even ...

  1. problem with debian woody 3.1

    Hello All,
    I have following problem with my Debian Woody (LCD screen, PS/2 mouse,
    NVIDIA graphics etc):
    when i installed xserver computer hangs up after several minutes when not
    used and no monitor keyboard mouse or sshd is reacting even it is not
    responding for pinging (normaly it is not blocked).
    I have also problems with founding any kind of log file with message what
    happende.
    i would be greatfull for help

    cheers

    slawo

  2. Re: problem with debian woody 3.1

    On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:28:20 +0200,
    cytat , in
    <417e3476$1@news.psi.ch> wrote:
    >+ Hello All,
    >+ I have following problem with my Debian Woody (LCD screen, PS/2 mouse,
    >+ NVIDIA graphics etc):
    >+ when i installed xserver computer hangs up after several minutes when not
    >+ used and no monitor keyboard mouse or sshd is reacting even it is not
    >+ responding for pinging (normaly it is not blocked).

    Your system has crashed very hard. Are you running the nVidia binary
    drivers? any other "odd" hardware that requires a binary driver in the
    kernel?

    Unless you get a kernel oops, you're not going to get much
    notification. I would guess it's a hardware problem (powersupply?),
    but it's too early to say with any certainty.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.