xrandr help - X

This is a discussion on xrandr help - X ; I'm running xorg on a mini-itx M10K-N system, with 2.6.8 kernel, and via accelerated driver. When I do 'xrandr -q' it informs me we can only do normal rotation and no reflections. Can anyone show me how to enable the ...

  1. xrandr help

    I'm running xorg on a mini-itx M10K-N system, with 2.6.8 kernel, and via
    accelerated driver. When I do 'xrandr -q' it informs me we can only do
    normal rotation and no reflections. Can anyone show me how to enable the
    proper support?

    thanks

    os is gentoo

  2. Re: xrandr help

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:54:13 -0600, ray staggered into the Black Sun and
    said:
    > I'm running xorg on a mini-itx M10K-N system, with 2.6.8 kernel, and
    > via accelerated driver.

    What is the video chipset? This is important.

    > When I do 'xrandr -q' it informs me we can only do normal rotation and
    > no reflections. Can anyone show me how to enable the proper support?

    What is the "proper" support? Be specific. Read
    http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .

    AFAICT, xrandr is all-talk-no-shock when it comes to rotation and
    reflection on all the video chipsets I have access to. If you need to
    have a fixed rotation, use the Option "Rotate" "CCW" or "CW" lines in
    XF86Config/xorg.conf and forget about any hardware acceleration. If you
    need to change rotation on-the-fly, I don't think you can do it right
    now. Corrections gratefully accepted, but you're going to have to post
    your video chipset before anyone can answer your question with any
    degree of accuracy.

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!

  3. Re: xrandr help

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:17:07 +0000, Dances With Crows wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:54:13 -0600, ray staggered into the Black Sun and
    > said:
    >> I'm running xorg on a mini-itx M10K-N system, with 2.6.8 kernel, and
    >> via accelerated driver.

    > What is the video chipset? This is important.
    >
    >> When I do 'xrandr -q' it informs me we can only do normal rotation and
    >> no reflections. Can anyone show me how to enable the proper support?

    > What is the "proper" support? Be specific. Read
    > http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .
    >
    > AFAICT, xrandr is all-talk-no-shock when it comes to rotation and
    > reflection on all the video chipsets I have access to. If you need to
    > have a fixed rotation, use the Option "Rotate" "CCW" or "CW" lines in
    > XF86Config/xorg.conf and forget about any hardware acceleration. If you
    > need to change rotation on-the-fly, I don't think you can do it right
    > now. Corrections gratefully accepted, but you're going to have to post
    > your video chipset before anyone can answer your question with any
    > degree of accuracy.

    No requirement, just interested. The graphics set is built-in CastleRock.

+ Reply to Thread