Fedora Core 2 graphics resolution problem - X

This is a discussion on Fedora Core 2 graphics resolution problem - X ; Hi I was up till 2am installing Fedora Core 2 on my system. I have a Radeon 9200SE card, which it detected correctly. However the monitor I have is a verrrrry old Samtron with frequencies 31.5 to 37.9 Khz horiz ...

  1. Fedora Core 2 graphics resolution problem

    Hi
    I was up till 2am installing Fedora Core 2 on my system. I have a
    Radeon 9200SE card, which it detected correctly. However the monitor I
    have is a verrrrry old Samtron with frequencies 31.5 to 37.9 Khz horiz
    and 50 to 90 Hz vert sync.
    I was able to get a resolution of 1024x768 on Fedora Core 1 using
    "ChipID 0x514D" in the XF86Config file.
    But the same hack does not seem to be working on xorg.conf. It just
    gives me a max resolution of 800x600 even though I have put 1024x768
    into the xorg.conf file.
    What is this problem due to and is there any way I can get around it
    (other than replacing my monitor, of course) ?

    Thanks in advance.
    Best regards.

  2. Re: Fedora Core 2 graphics resolution problem

    Hi

    I solved the problem - I set the vertical freq to 50 - 90 Hz and I got
    my resolution.
    Also I set Legacy USB support OFF in the BIOS and got my PS2 Mouse
    working as well.

+ Reply to Thread