someone can provide me a simple program which just displays a capture window? - X

This is a discussion on someone can provide me a simple program which just displays a capture window? - X ; Hi, i'm currently trying to write a certain program, and i would like to insert a SIMPLE piece of code which just puts a capture window on my screen, in which i can ,watch the output of my video4linux device. ...

  1. someone can provide me a simple program which just displays a capture window?

    Hi, i'm currently trying to write a certain program, and i would like
    to insert a SIMPLE piece of code which just puts a capture window on
    my screen, in which i can ,watch the output of my video4linux
    device. I know all about xawtv, for example, but the code of this
    program is tooo difficult for me to implement in my program.
    Any help /pointers is really appreciated. Robbert

  2. Re: someone can provide me a simple program which just displays acapture window?

    Hallo!

    > Hi, i'm currently trying to write a certain program, and i would like
    > to insert a SIMPLE piece of code which just puts a capture window on
    > my screen, in which i can ,watch the output of my video4linux
    > device. I know all about xawtv, for example, but the code of this
    > program is tooo difficult for me to implement in my program.
    > Any help /pointers is really appreciated. Robbert

    Take a look at the XV extension of X11. if it is supported by your video
    source and graphics card driver (it does work with a TV card and my
    NVida graphics card), accessing it is much easier than video4linux,
    esepcially if you do not want to make still images but want show
    movement. I can send you a simple example program, where you should be
    able to extract the relevant code.

    --
    Gruß...
    Tim.

  3. Re: someone can provide me a simple program which just displays a capture window?

    If you could send me the example that would be great.
    i'll give it a try then. Greetings Robbert

    Tim Teulings wrote in message news:<1tuj42-1s3.ln1@edge.ping.de>...
    > Hallo!
    >
    > > Hi, i'm currently trying to write a certain program, and i would like
    > > to insert a SIMPLE piece of code which just puts a capture window on
    > > my screen, in which i can ,watch the output of my video4linux
    > > device. I know all about xawtv, for example, but the code of this
    > > program is tooo difficult for me to implement in my program.
    > > Any help /pointers is really appreciated. Robbert

    > Take a look at the XV extension of X11. if it is supported by your video
    >
    > source and graphics card driver (it does work with a TV card and my
    > NVida graphics card), accessing it is much easier than video4linux,
    > esepcially if you do not want to make still images but want show
    > movement. I can send you a simple example program, where you should be
    > able to extract the relevant code.

+ Reply to Thread