pass-through printing with xterm - X

This is a discussion on pass-through printing with xterm - X ; Hi! I have problem with pass-through printing with xterm. I can print from application running server SCO ODT 5.0.7 in xterm window on linux RH clients default printer. It works fine. The problem is that printing on my localy attached ...

  1. pass-through printing with xterm

    Hi!

    I have problem with pass-through printing with xterm.
    I can print from application running server SCO ODT 5.0.7 in xterm
    window on linux RH clients default printer.

    It works fine. The problem is that printing on my localy attached
    printer on RH client starts only after I close the connection to SCO ODT
    server. I use standard pass-through print esc. seq. (esc[4i esc[5i) on
    server to switch xterm in/out print mode.

    Thank you for any hint,

    Damijan

  2. Re: pass-through printing with xterm

    In comp.windows.x damijan wrote:
    > Hi!

    > I have problem with pass-through printing with xterm.
    > I can print from application running server SCO ODT 5.0.7 in xterm
    > window on linux RH clients default printer.

    > It works fine. The problem is that printing on my localy attached
    > printer on RH client starts only after I close the connection to SCO ODT
    > server. I use standard pass-through print esc. seq. (esc[4i esc[5i) on
    > server to switch xterm in/out print mode.

    man xterm

    printerAutoClose (class PrinterAutoClose)
    If ``true'', xterm will close the printer (a pipe) when the
    application switches the printer offline with a Media Copy com-
    mand. The default is ``false.''

    If the pipe isn't closed, the last buffer is still in memory.

    --
    Thomas E. Dickey
    http://invisible-island.net

  3. Re: pass-through printing with xterm

    Thomas Dickey wrote:
    > In comp.windows.x damijan wrote:
    >
    >>Hi!

    >>I have problem with pass-through printing with xterm.
    >>I can print from application running server SCO ODT 5.0.7 in xterm
    >>window on linux RH clients default printer.

    >>It works fine. The problem is that printing on my localy attached
    >>printer on RH client starts only after I close the connection to SCO ODT
    >>server. I use standard pass-through print esc. seq. (esc[4i esc[5i) on
    >>server to switch xterm in/out print mode.

    > man xterm
    >
    > printerAutoClose (class PrinterAutoClose)
    > If ``true'', xterm will close the printer (a pipe) when the
    > application switches the printer offline with a Media Copy com-
    > mand. The default is ``false.''
    >
    > If the pipe isn't closed, the last buffer is still in memory.

    It works now! Thank you very much,

    Damijan

+ Reply to Thread