controlling LCD brightness etc. - X

This is a discussion on controlling LCD brightness etc. - X ; I have a ViewSonic VS10162 19 inch LCD monitor and Intel i815 video with SuSE 9.1, XFree86-4.3.99.902-43.25. The box (there was no user's manual) implies that with Windows, you have the ability to tune and optimize the display under software ...

  1. controlling LCD brightness etc.

    I have a ViewSonic VS10162 19 inch LCD monitor and Intel i815 video with
    SuSE 9.1, XFree86-4.3.99.902-43.25. The box (there was no user's manual)
    implies that with Windows, you have the ability to tune and optimize the
    display under software control. Is anything like that possible under X?
    The resolution is right (1280x1024) but I'd like better control over
    things like brightness and contrast than I'm getting using the buttons on
    the monitor.
    -- David

  2. Re: controlling LCD brightness etc.

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:10:41 +0000, David Shochat wrote:

    > I have a ViewSonic VS10162 19 inch LCD monitor and Intel i815 video with
    > SuSE 9.1, XFree86-4.3.99.902-43.25. The box (there was no user's manual)
    > implies that with Windows, you have the ability to tune and optimize the
    > display under software control. Is anything like that possible under X?
    > The resolution is right (1280x1024) but I'd like better control over
    > things like brightness and contrast than I'm getting using the buttons on
    > the monitor.
    > -- David

    xgamma, monica,...

  3. Re: controlling LCD brightness etc.

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:43:20 GMT, The Real Slim Shady wrote:

    >> I'd like better control over
    >> things like brightness and contrast than I'm getting using the buttons on
    >> the monitor.

    > xgamma, monica,...

    Do you have a working link for downloading monica? Whatever I try ends
    up at a site for lincvs which has no mention of monica.

    Bob T.

+ Reply to Thread