GConf error: bonobo warning - X

This is a discussion on GConf error: bonobo warning - X ; When I start the gnome app rhythmbox it pops up 70 error windows, all saying: GConf error: adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL: omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0 On the terminal I get the message (only one!) (rhythmbox:1955): Bonobo-WARNING **: Failed ...

  1. GConf error: bonobo warning

    When I start the gnome app rhythmbox it pops up 70 error windows, all
    saying:

    GConf error: adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:
    omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

    On the terminal I get the message (only one!)

    (rhythmbox:1955): Bonobo-WARNING **: Failed to get
    '/desktop/gnome/interface/menubar_detachable': 'Adding client to
    server's list failed, CORBA error: IDLmg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'

    What is that? I have seen that too when I started firefox.

    Thanks for all hints!
    Markus

  2. Re: GConf error: bonobo warning

    markus.cl@gmx.de (Markus Dehmann) wrote in message news:...
    > When I start the gnome app rhythmbox it pops up 70 error windows, all
    > saying:
    >
    > GConf error: adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:
    > omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
    >
    > On the terminal I get the message (only one!)
    >
    > (rhythmbox:1955): Bonobo-WARNING **: Failed to get
    > '/desktop/gnome/interface/menubar_detachable': 'Adding client to
    > server's list failed, CORBA error: IDLmg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'
    >
    > What is that? I have seen that too when I started firefox.
    >
    > Thanks for all hints!
    > Markus

    I found the solution here:
    http://linuxlab.dk/tipsntricks/gnomennfs.php