gnome config? - X

This is a discussion on gnome config? - X ; I'm using the gnome desktop under Fedora Core 2. Instead of the little gnome footprint (which I like) on the "start" button, there's a red hat. There's got to be a config file somewhere telling it to use that pixmap ...

  1. gnome config?

    I'm using the gnome desktop under Fedora Core 2.

    Instead of the little gnome footprint (which I like) on the "start"
    button, there's a red hat.

    There's got to be a config file somewhere telling it to use that pixmap
    instead of the gnome footprint pixmap. Isn't there?

    If there is, would someone kindly point me to it?

    If not, well, I'll just pout. *grin*

    -km

  2. Re: gnome config?

    the black rose wrote:
    > I'm using the gnome desktop under Fedora Core 2.
    >
    > Instead of the little gnome footprint (which I like) on the "start"
    > button, there's a red hat.
    >
    > There's got to be a config file somewhere telling it to use that pixmap
    > instead of the gnome footprint pixmap. Isn't there?
    >
    > If there is, would someone kindly point me to it?

    Gnome2 is quite unfriendly when it comes to configure it, I think the best
    shot you can have is to try gconf-editor to find where to edit the panel settings.

    Another way is just replace the image in /usr/share/pixmap/ with the image you
    like (in this case try to keep the same image type).

    //Aho

  3. Re: gnome config?

    In article <2Zz9d.144404$Kt5.8167@twister.nyroc.rr.com> (Fri, 08 Oct 2004
    17:17:50 +0000), the black rose wrote:

    > I'm using the gnome desktop under Fedora Core 2.
    >
    > Instead of the little gnome footprint (which I like) on the "start"
    > button, there's a red hat.

    Try executing 'gnome-conf', and then opening the apps->panel->general key.
    There are entries for "use-custom-icon" and "custom-icon". That may be
    it.

+ Reply to Thread