I have the latest version of cygwin installed. I start Xwin and then
use PuTTY to open an SSH session to my Fedora Core 2 box. Applications
that I start are wedged so far up in the upper-left-hand corner that I
cannot get the title bar to move them around. I've tried many
variations of -geometry and --geometry but nothing moves or resizes the
windows.

Also, the X session is very, very slow. The X client (FC2 box) is on a
very good colo network, and I'm seeing this extreme slowness from both a
cable modem and my work, which has a 6Mb or so fiber connection.
bandwidth and latency are not the issue, so I'm thinking I'm missing a
setting or something.

* California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
* http://www.crpa.org/ Free 3 month trial membership available *