NOT show window contents while dragging windows - X

This is a discussion on NOT show window contents while dragging windows - X ; To improve the performance for VNC sessions (or slow CPU's) I'd like to change the option "Show window contents while dragging windows". I'm using Gnome on Fedora Core 2. Where is the menu option or place to tweak this behaviour? ...

  1. NOT show window contents while dragging windows

    To improve the performance for VNC sessions (or slow CPU's) I'd like to
    change the option "Show window contents while dragging windows".

    I'm using Gnome on Fedora Core 2.

    Where is the menu option or place to tweak this behaviour?

    Thanks!
    --retoh

  2. Re: NOT show window contents while dragging windows

    It seems Gnome lacks this useful feature.

    Sad but true!

    It also looks to me in general, Gnome (2.6) and its configuration concept
    is a big mess. I recently used KDE a couple of times. Although KDE is a
    heavy weight too, every customization I could think of was found at a place
    of my first guess. Especially that missing feature below......

    The overall performance of KDE was about the same or better for things of
    daily business, and it has nice built-in gadgets like individual background
    images per virtual desktop, rotating or persistent per desktop, if you prefer.

    And finally the latest KMail has about the same features than Evolution's
    e-mail part but is much faster and has a very good search functionality
    (not that crappy "Find Now" of Evolution, Sorry!!)
    --

    spam@infocopter.ch (Reto) wrote in message news:<7c90b231.0410041340.1822955c@posting.google.com>...
    > To improve the performance for VNC sessions (or slow CPU's) I'd like to
    > change the option "Show window contents while dragging windows".
    >
    > I'm using Gnome on Fedora Core 2.
    >
    > Where is the menu option or place to tweak this behaviour?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > --retoh

+ Reply to Thread