Xft/GTK+ upgrade problem on Mandrake sparc 7.1 - X

This is a discussion on Xft/GTK+ upgrade problem on Mandrake sparc 7.1 - X ; Can anyone share how to successfully install gtk+-2.4.9 on this old mandrake distro? Thank you for any feedback/comments in advanced. I have spent some hours trying to upgrade gtk on an old Ultra 5 - I'm getting the following error ...

  1. Xft/GTK+ upgrade problem on Mandrake sparc 7.1

    Can anyone share how to successfully install gtk+-2.4.9 on this old
    mandrake distro? Thank you for any feedback/comments in advanced.

    I have spent some hours trying to upgrade gtk on an old Ultra 5 - I'm
    getting the following error when I try to compile gtk:
    configure: error: Pango 1.2.0 and Xft backend is required for x11
    target

    I don't know what to make of this error I'm getting as I to install
    Xft:
    In file included from xftint.h:39,
    from xftcolor.c:25:
    Xft.h:58: parse error before `_XftFTlibrary'
    Xft.h:58: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    Xft.h:92: parse error before `FT_UInt'
    Xft.h:92: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
    Xft.h:95: parse error before `}'
    Xft.h:95: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    Xft.h:99: parse error before `FT_UInt'
    Xft.h:99: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
    Xft.h:102: parse error before `}'
    Xft.h:102: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    Xft.h:196: parse error before `*'
    Xft.h:262: parse error before `*'
    Xft.h:268: parse error before `*'
    Xft.h:301: parse error before `*'
    Xft.h:360: parse error before `XftLockFace'
    Xft.h:360: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    Xft.h:399: parse error before `*'
    Xft.h:405: parse error before `*'
    Xft.h:414: parse error before `FT_UInt'
    Xft.h:424: parse error before `XftCharIndex'
    Xft.h:426: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    Xft.h:467: parse error before `*'
    Xft.h:478: parse error before `*'
    Xft.h:499: parse error before `*'
    In file included from xftint.h:41,
    from xftcolor.c:25:
    /usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h:33: parse error before
    `FcFreeTypeCharIndex'
    /usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h:33: parse error before
    `face'
    /usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h:33: warning: data
    definition has no type or storage class
    /usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h:36: parse error before
    `face'
    /usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h:39: parse error before
    `face'
    /usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h:42: parse error before
    `FT_Face'
    /usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h:45: parse error before `f'
    In file included from xftcolor.c:25:
    xftint.h:67: parse error before `FT_UInt'
    xftint.h:67: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
    xftint.h:68: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    xftint.h:84: parse error before `FT_F26Dot6'
    xftint.h:84: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
    xftint.h:85: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    xftint.h:86: parse error before `matrix'
    xftint.h:86: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    xftint.h:89: parse error before `face'
    xftint.h:89: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    xftint.h:90: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    xftint.h:102: parse error before `XftFtFile'
    xftint.h:102: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
    xftint.h:106: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    xftint.h:109: parse error before `matrix'
    xftint.h:109: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    xftint.h:111: parse error before `load_flags'
    xftint.h:111: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    xftint.h:119: parse error before `}'
    xftint.h:129: field `info' has incomplete type
    xftint.h:141: parse error before `XftUcsHash'
    xftint.h:141: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
    xftint.h:155: parse error before `}'
    xftint.h:155: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
    xftint.h:312: parse error before `*'
    xftint.h:319: parse error before `*'
    xftint.h:325: parse error before `*'
    xftint.h:370: parse error before `*'

  2. Re: Xft/GTK+ upgrade problem on Mandrake sparc 7.1

    Oz M wrote:
    > Can anyone share how to successfully install gtk+-2.4.9 on this old
    > mandrake distro? Thank you for any feedback/comments in advanced.
    >
    > I have spent some hours trying to upgrade gtk on an old Ultra 5 - I'm
    > getting the following error when I try to compile gtk:
    > configure: error: Pango 1.2.0 and Xft backend is required for x11
    > target

    You will need pango installed on the system, think you will find it where you
    can find gnome2.

    > I don't know what to make of this error I'm getting as I to install
    > Xft:
    > In file included from xftint.h:39,

    Install a late version of Xfree or Xorg, and you will get Xft.

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread