question about this newsgroup - X

This is a discussion on question about this newsgroup - X ; is this a newsgroup for uva, or for the entire internet? alex...

  1. question about this newsgroup

    is this a newsgroup for uva, or for the entire internet?

    alex

  2. Re: question about this newsgroup

  3. Re: question about this newsgroup

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:45:22 -0400, aia8v staggered into the Black Sun
    and said:
    > is this a newsgroup for uva, or for the entire internet?

    comp.os.linux.x is distributed to any place that speaks NNTP via various
    transports. Why did you think it was a UVa newsgroup in the first
    place? I'd think the private UVa-only groups would all have "uva" in
    their names. ICBW though.

    If you had a question about the X Window System ("graphics card driver")
    on Linux, this is the appropriate newsgroup. If your question fits in a
    different category, you've probably posted to the wrong newsfroup.
    Point your Web browser at http://groups.google.com/ for a pretty current
    list of newsgroups. The docs at
    http://www.itc.virginia.edu/netsys/n...-netscape.html may also
    help you out if you were looking for a private UVa group and not the one
    you ended up posting to.

    BTW, ignore anything Emily Postnews, Alan Connor, or Paul Lutus say. HTH,

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!

  4. Re: question about this newsgroup

    In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, aia8v transmitted:
    > is this a newsgroup for uva, or for the entire internet?

    I have never been to any Virginian educational institution, so no, it
    isn't just a newsgroup for "UVA."
    --
    (reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc"))
    http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sgml.html