SUSE 9.1 + HP xw8000 + nvidia: How to multihead? - X

This is a discussion on SUSE 9.1 + HP xw8000 + nvidia: How to multihead? - X ; I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in SaX2, I'm ...

  1. SUSE 9.1 + HP xw8000 + nvidia: How to multihead?

    I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
    card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
    multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
    SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
    device."

    Thanks.

    David

  2. Re: SUSE 9.1 + HP xw8000 + nvidia: How to multihead?

    Il Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:33:23 -0700, David ha scritto:

    > I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
    > card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
    > multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
    > SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
    > device."
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > David

    Multihead means two graphic cards not one

  3. Re: SUSE 9.1 + HP xw8000 + nvidia: How to multihead?

    .... or one graphics card with two or more heads. Evidently SUSE does not
    support one card with two heads... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:25:23 GMT, andlogo wrote:

    >Il Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:33:23 -0700, David ha scritto:
    >
    >> I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
    >> card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
    >> multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
    >> SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
    >> device."
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> David

    >Multihead means two graphic cards not one

  4. Re: SUSE 9.1 + HP xw8000 + nvidia: How to multihead?

    Bull****
    --
    Microsoft software doesn't get released - it escapes, leaving
    a trail of destruction behind it.

  5. Re: SUSE 9.1 + HP xw8000 + nvidia: How to multihead?

    On the seventh day, David wrote...

    > I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
    > card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
    > multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
    > SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
    > device."

    Have a look at either
    http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-l...WINVIEW_README
    or
    http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors .

    BTW: Please set a follow-up when posting into multiple groups. Thank you.

    HTH

    Not likely! - Dr Pulaski, "Star Trek: The Next Generation,
    (Where silence has lease)"

+ Reply to Thread