a linux showstopper on an Editor's Choice PC, but no interest here? - X

This is a discussion on a linux showstopper on an Editor's Choice PC, but no interest here? - X ; Dear computers.os.linux.hardware news group: A nagging question: A few weeks ago, I announced here that the emachines T3092 cannot run linux, suspecting nonstandard mouse/chipset issues on nvidia motherboard. But there were no responses. emachines is one of top 5 pc ...

  1. a linux showstopper on an Editor's Choice PC, but no interest here?

    Dear computers.os.linux.hardware news group:

    A nagging question: A few weeks ago, I announced here that
    the emachines T3092 cannot run linux, suspecting
    nonstandard mouse/chipset issues on nvidia motherboard.
    But there were no responses.

    emachines is one of top 5 pc vendors in the
    US, and the T3092 won a PC Magazine Editors
    choice award. It would seem natural for there
    to be some interest in a show-stopping linux
    hardware incompatibility issue, but there was
    none on this newsgroup.

    Why is that? What newsgroup should I be posting to?

    Peter Leopold
    Portland, ME

  2. Re: a linux showstopper on an Editor's Choice PC, but no interesthere?

    Peter Leopold wrote:
    > Dear computers.os.linux.hardware news group:

    Umm, no. This is NOT the '...linux.hardware' news group.

    This is the 'comp.os.linux.x' news group for questions about
    the 'X Windows' software on linux.