NVIDIA caught signal 8 - X

This is a discussion on NVIDIA caught signal 8 - X ; I installed kernel 2.6.7 built from Debian source package with SMP and HyperThreading enabled Booted into new kernel (HT still disabled from old kernel) Ran Nvidia shell script to install 1.0-6111 did a startx and X (and KDE) ran just ...

  1. NVIDIA caught signal 8

    I installed kernel 2.6.7 built from Debian source package
    with SMP and HyperThreading enabled
    Booted into new kernel (HT still disabled from old kernel)
    Ran Nvidia shell script to install 1.0-6111 did a startx and
    X (and KDE) ran just fine.
    Shut down to enable HT re-boot startx fails caught signal 8
    signal 8 is SIGFPE according to asm/signal.h which I understand
    to be floating point error
    I disabled HT and tried again but continue to get signal 8
    From the log it has just reported loading libglx.so which
    is from Nvidia but hey, it worked the first time.
    I'm puzzled. Has anyone seen this before?

    Richard Harke

  2. Re: NVIDIA caught signal 8

    > I installed kernel 2.6.7 built from Debian source package
    > with SMP and HyperThreading enabled
    > Booted into new kernel (HT still disabled from old kernel)
    > Ran Nvidia shell script to install 1.0-6111 did a startx and
    > X (and KDE) ran just fine.
    > Shut down to enable HT re-boot startx fails caught signal 8
    > signal 8 is SIGFPE according to asm/signal.h which I understand
    > to be floating point error
    > I disabled HT and tried again but continue to get signal 8
    > From the log it has just reported loading libglx.so which
    > is from Nvidia but hey, it worked the first time.
    > I'm puzzled. Has anyone seen this before?

    No, but see if any of the suggestions at
    http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debi...eshooting.html
    help.

    --
    To reply by email, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"

+ Reply to Thread