Dual display - X

This is a discussion on Dual display - X ; Hello, i have a laptop with RedHat Linux 9.0 in it, i would like to configure dual display on labtop with projector. On Win-xp we have an option using which it can be done, i want help on how to ...

  1. Dual display

    Hello,

    i have a laptop with RedHat Linux 9.0 in it, i would like to configure
    dual display on labtop with projector. On Win-xp we have an option
    using which it can be done, i want help on how to get it done on
    linux.

    ThankYou

    Regards

  2. Re: Dual display

    On 8 Sep 2004 23:05:59 -0700, raghu staggered into the Black Sun and
    said:
    > i have a laptop with RedHat Linux 9.0 in it, i would like to configure
    > dual display on labtop with projector.

    Read http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html first. Then post
    the make and model of this laptop ("IBM Thinkpad Q33"), the make and
    model of the graphics card in this laptop ("nVidia FooForce 2"), and the
    name and version number of the Linux distro you're using ("BlueHat
    9.1"). If you don't know what graphics card you're using, "lspci | tail
    -n 1" will tell you.

    Without the answers to those questions, there's no way anyone can help
    you. With the answers to those questions, it should be easy for someone
    to say, "Put these lines in your /etc/X11/XF86COnfig , restart X". HTH,

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!

  3. Re: Dual display

    raghu wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have a laptop with RedHat Linux 9.0 in it, i would like to configure
    > dual display on labtop with projector. On Win-xp we have an option
    > using which it can be done, i want help on how to get it done on
    > linux.
    >
    > ThankYou
    >
    > Regards

    It all depends on the video card you have and the drivers you are using
    at X for that video card. Post your model and drivers and maybe someone
    can help you. I know it can be done with ATI and nVidia models.

    --

    Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
    Director Tecnico de bgSEC

    like fabulous yellow Roman candles.