Two mice and X - X

This is a discussion on Two mice and X - X ; How could I configure X to use two mice at the same time? I get X to notice both, bot only one of them is considered as a CorePointer, and only that one works. -WareKala...

  1. Two mice and X

    How could I configure X to use two mice at the same time? I get X to
    notice both, bot only one of them is considered as a CorePointer, and only
    that one works.
    -WareKala

  2. Re: Two mice and X

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:35:10 GMT, WareKala staggered into the Black Sun
    and said:
    > How could I configure X to use two mice at the same time? I get X to
    > notice both, bot only one of them is considered as a CorePointer, and
    > only that one works.

    Create 2 InputDevice sections, one for each mouse. Like so:

    Section "InputDevice" # first mouse, PS/2 mouse
    Driver "mouse"
    Identifier "Mouse[1]"
    Option "ButtonNumber" "5"
    Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "imps/2"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice" # second mouse, USB Wacom Graphire tablet
    Driver "wacom"
    Identifier "cursor"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1" # USB ONLY
    Option "DeviceName" "cursor1"
    Option "Type" "cursor"
    Option "Mode" "relative"
    Option "USB" "on" # USB ONLY
    Option "AlwaysCore" "on"
    EndSection

    # then later on, in the ServerLayout section

    InputDevice "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer" # PS/2 mouse is core pointer
    InputDevice "cursor" "SendCoreEvents" # Wacom mouse sends core events

    # and then everything works. HTH, YMMV.

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!

  3. Re: Two mice and X

    Dances With Crows wrote:

    [...]
    hey, you own a wacom? will dig mine out these days.. is the pressure
    sensitivity of the pen working? would be great!

  4. Re: Two mice and X

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:28:19 +0200, Dieter Soltau staggered into the
    Black Sun and said:
    > Dances With Crows wrote:
    >> [stuff about Wacom Graphire tablet, snipped]

    > hey, you own a wacom? will dig mine out these days.. is the pressure
    > sensitivity of the pen working? would be great!

    I don't know whether the pressure sensitivity of the pen works or
    not--never cared enough to find out. The Graphire that I have is
    probably the cheapest tablet that Wacom made at the time. An XF86Config
    snippet for USB Wacom tablets is in Message-ID
    slrnbneqk3.nbh.danSPANceswitTRAPhcro...202.dyndns.org , so
    look that up via groups.google for info if you can't get your USB Wacom
    tablet to work. HTH,

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!

  5. Re: Two mice and X

    Dances With Crows wrote:

    > look that up via groups.google for info if you can't get your USB Wacom
    > tablet to work.

    USB didnt exist as i bought it . its a serial tablet. will lookup google
    though, thx

+ Reply to Thread