How change color of mouse cursor/pointer? - X

This is a discussion on How change color of mouse cursor/pointer? - X ; Somehow my mouse cursor/pointer changed to black and is now invisible on black backgrounds. How do I change it back to white? BTW, I have Fedora Core 2 and I use GNOME if that matters. Chris...

  1. How change color of mouse cursor/pointer?

    Somehow my mouse cursor/pointer changed to black and is now
    invisible on black backgrounds. How do I change it back
    to white?

    BTW, I have Fedora Core 2 and I use GNOME if that matters.

    Chris

  2. Re: How change color of mouse cursor/pointer?

    On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:35:34 -0700, Christian Seberino wrote:

    > Somehow my mouse cursor/pointer changed to black and is now
    > invisible on black backgrounds. How do I change it back
    > to white?
    >
    > BTW, I have Fedora Core 2 and I use GNOME if that matters.
    >
    > Chris

    I dont know, but in GNOME there is an option that you can activate which
    consists in pressing the Control and will indicate where the mouse is with
    a little effect on the mouse.

    Anil Mamede

  3. Re: How change color of mouse cursor/pointer?

    Christian Seberino wrote:
    > Somehow my mouse cursor/pointer changed to black and is now
    > invisible on black backgrounds. How do I change it back
    > to white?
    >
    > BTW, I have Fedora Core 2 and I use GNOME if that matters.
    >
    > Chris

    These options are explained in the xterm manpage.

    --
    Ron House house@usq.edu.au
    http://www.sci.usq.edu.au/staff/house

  4. Re: How change color of mouse cursor/pointer?

    "Christian Seberino" wrote in message
    news:bf23f78f.0407282235.8a2b51b@posting.google.co m...
    > Somehow my mouse cursor/pointer changed to black and is now
    > invisible on black backgrounds. How do I change it back
    > to white?
    >
    > BTW, I have Fedora Core 2 and I use GNOME if that matters.
    >
    > Chris

    This is a gnome setting rather than an X setting. Right click on the desktop
    and find the relevant section. (Probably under Mouse Cursor) or sthg
    similar. Sorry I can't be more specific I have done something similar but in
    KDE.

  5. Re: How change color of mouse cursor/pointer?

    "Christian Seberino" wrote in message
    news:bf23f78f.0407282235.8a2b51b@posting.google.co m...
    > Somehow my mouse cursor/pointer changed to black and is now
    > invisible on black backgrounds. How do I change it back
    > to white?
    >
    > BTW, I have Fedora Core 2 and I use GNOME if that matters.
    >
    > Chris

    Sorry it is part of X. There is an option in KDE to modify by choosing a
    theme, but nothing I can see in Gnome. These links may help but may need
    some exploring

    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/46121

    http://www.themedepot.org/showarea.php4?area=19

  6. Re: How change color of mouse cursor/pointer?

    "Dave" wrote in message

    > "Christian Seberino" wrote in message
    > news:bf23f78f.0407282235.8a2b51b@posting.google.co m...
    > > Somehow my mouse cursor/pointer changed to black and is now
    > > invisible on black backgrounds. How do I change it back
    > > to white?
    > >
    > > BTW, I have Fedora Core 2 and I use GNOME if that matters.
    > >
    > > Chris

    > Sorry it is part of X. There is an option in KDE to modify by choosing a
    > theme, but nothing I can see in Gnome. These links may help but may need
    > some exploring
    >
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/46121
    >
    > http://www.themedepot.org/showarea.php4?area=19

    Sorry again. I've just re-read your posting and I think the simple answer is
    to do it in a KDE session. Right-clicking the desktop should take you to the
    right dialog I think. As it is an X config rather than a KDE one it should
    stick for the Gnome session.

  7. Re: How change color of mouse cursor/pointer?

    Christian Seberino wrote:
    > Somehow my mouse cursor/pointer changed to black and is now
    > invisible on black backgrounds. How do I change it back
    > to white?
    >
    > BTW, I have Fedora Core 2 and I use GNOME if that matters.
    >
    > Chris

    On SuSE 9.1 in KDE the choice is under: Preferences / Periferals / Mouse
    /Cursor themes. What is chosen here persists in Gnome, so it is an X
    setting rather than a KDE one.

    There appears to be a problem in Gnome see:
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/deskt.../msg00269.html

    it may be fixed, but this may explain your difficulties.

    You might need to post your versions of X and Gnome for others to help.

+ Reply to Thread