I need to build a system that can take a video signal in (from a camera),
add some textual data (time, date, etc.), and send the signal out again (to
a video recorder). I'll also want to record the incomming video stream to
disk (as mpg2, probably).

It seems to me that what I need is a video card with s-video in and out,
which is compatible with video for linux. It should then be possible to
write a program to do the overlay.

Any ideas, pointers, websites, card recommendations would be much
appreciated.

--
David ("david" at "westcontrol" dot "com")

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go past."
Douglas Adams