Subject: DRI problem (more detail) - logcfg.tar.BZ2 (0/1)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:36:42 GMT

Basic hardware:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro w/128MB
Asus A7N8X Deluxe (nVidia nForce2 chipset)
AGP aperture size 128MB (originally 256MB - tried changing, to no avail)

Basic software:

Gentoo 2004.1
XFree86 4.3.0.1
ATI FireGL driver 3.9.0

After compiling both the 2.6.7-r11 kernel and 2.4.26-r6 kernel, I used
portage to emerge "ati-drivers", which downloads, patches, and compiles
the ATI-distributed driver package.

I have four logs, two for each kernel, where one is with ATI's internal
AGP driver, and one without.

In all cases, AGP fails to load with an error described as "xf86_ENOMEM".

The four logs are attached (compressed, to minimize the size of this
post). Also in the archive is the XFree86 configuration file, which I
generated with fglrxconfig, and changed only to toggle the internal AGP
driver.

To head off the suggestion, I should say that the kernel DRI driver for
ATI cards (the "radeon" module) does not work - it locks the machine up
solidly after showing the initial Gnome splash.

I'd appreciate any clues on how I might get this to work properly, so I
can run 3D apps at a reasonable speed.

--
- Mike

Remove 'spambegone.net' and reverse to send e-mail.