how to install X11R6.7.0 ?? - X

This is a discussion on how to install X11R6.7.0 ?? - X ; How do you install this version to Linux. I am using old Caldera Openlinux. There are 7 *.tar.gz files... what's the command sequence at the shell?? Tia...

  1. how to install X11R6.7.0 ??

    How do you install this version to Linux.
    I am using old Caldera Openlinux.
    There are 7 *.tar.gz files...
    what's the command sequence at the shell??

    Tia

  2. Re: how to install X11R6.7.0 ??

    Those *.tar.gz -files are probably the sources to XFree86, so you'd need
    to compile XFree86 after unpacking the files. You can unpack the files
    with "tar -xfz file-name-of-the-file-you-wanna-unpack", but if you don't
    know anything about compiling programs yourself, then I don't suggest you
    to begin with XFree86. You'll just ruin your system. Where'd you get the
    *.tar.gz -files from? Couldn't find any binary packages, like rpm?
    -WareKala

  3. Re: how to install X11R6.7.0 ??

    Forgot to add; if you insist on trying, then unpack the files and read the
    README and INSTALL -files =)
    -WareKala

  4. Re: how to install X11R6.7.0 ??

+ Reply to Thread