fullscreen in twinview configuration - X

This is a discussion on fullscreen in twinview configuration - X ; Hi all, I'm new to X11 programming. I am developing an OpenGL based software that run in fullscreen on a twinview configuration (display card NVIDIA 5900XT), ie. in two side-by-side 1024x768 screens as a single 2048x768 screen. I can create ...

  1. fullscreen in twinview configuration

    Hi all,

    I'm new to X11 programming. I am developing an OpenGL based software that run
    in fullscreen on a twinview configuration (display card NVIDIA 5900XT), ie. in two
    side-by-side 1024x768 screens as a single 2048x768 screen. I can create a
    window with size 2048x768, but whenever I switch to fullscreen mode in my
    program, all the content in the window is squeezed in 1024x768 resolution, even
    though I resize the window to size 2048x768. I think it can be done as I have
    KDE screensaver running fullscreen at 2048x768 resolution automatically. I
    check with the Xlib programming manuals and can't find any reference on it. If
    you have experience on doing it, please point me to the trick.

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    ========
    Regards,

    Department of Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering,
    The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
    Shatin, N.T.,
    Hong Kong

    Tel: (852)26098056 Fax: (852)26036002
    Email: wkfung@acae.cuhk.edu.hk

  2. Re: fullscreen in twinview configuration

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:25:07 +0000, FUNG WAI KEUNG wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm new to X11 programming. I am developing an OpenGL based software that run
    > in fullscreen on a twinview configuration (display card NVIDIA 5900XT), ie. in two
    > side-by-side 1024x768 screens as a single 2048x768 screen. I can create a
    > window with size 2048x768, but whenever I switch to fullscreen mode in my
    > program, all the content in the window is squeezed in 1024x768 resolution, even
    > though I resize the window to size 2048x768. I think it can be done as I have
    > KDE screensaver running fullscreen at 2048x768 resolution automatically. I
    > check with the Xlib programming manuals and can't find any reference on it. If
    > you have experience on doing it, please point me to the trick.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I seem to recall from the xinerama howto that what you are observing is a
    function of the window manager. Some window managers function that way,
    others the way you want. I think if you check the howto you'll find some
    guidance in that direction. I always wanted thw WM to 'maximize' to a
    single monitor when I was running dual monitors, but that was primarily
    because I was doing software support - I see your point.

  3. Re: fullscreen in twinview configuration

    Hi,

    I am not using Xinerma to have dualhead configuration. I use the hardware
    accelerated driver from NVIDIA. I try my program in both KDE 3.2 and GNOME 2.6
    and I can only get fullscreen in one monitor only.

    ray wrote:
    : On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:25:07 +0000, FUNG WAI KEUNG wrote:

    :> Hi all,
    :>
[...]

  4. online linux manpage

    Hi All,

    We made a searchable online linux manpage that will help linux developer.
    http://linux.com.hk/man/

    Regards,
    Ralph

    FUNG WAI KEUNG wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am not using Xinerma to have dualhead configuration. I use the hardware
    > accelerated driver from NVIDIA. I try my program in both KDE 3.2 and GNOME 2.6
    > and I can only get fullscreen in one monitor only.
    >
    > ray wrote:
    > : On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:25:07 +0000, FUNG WAI KEUNG wrote:
    >
    > :> Hi all,
    > :>
    > :> I'm new to X11 programming. I am developing an OpenGL based software that run
    > :> in fullscreen on a twinview configuration (display card NVIDIA 5900XT), ie. in two
    > :> side-by-side 1024x768 screens as a single 2048x768 screen. I can create a
    > :> window with size 2048x768, but whenever I switch to fullscreen mode in my
    > :> program, all the content in the window is squeezed in 1024x768 resolution, even
    > :> though I resize the window to size 2048x768. I think it can be done as I have
    > :> KDE screensaver running fullscreen at 2048x768 resolution automatically. I
    > :> check with the Xlib programming manuals and can't find any reference on it. If
    > :> you have experience on doing it, please point me to the trick.
    > :>
    > :> Thanks in advance.
    >
    > : I seem to recall from the xinerama howto that what you are observing is a
    > : function of the window manager. Some window managers function that way,
    > : others the way you want. I think if you check the howto you'll find some
    > : guidance in that direction. I always wanted thw WM to 'maximize' to a
    > : single monitor when I was running dual monitors, but that was primarily
    > : because I was doing software support - I see your point.
    >

    > --
    > ========
    > Regards,
    > Wai-keung, Fung
    >
    > Department of Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering,
    > The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
    > Shatin, N.T.,
    > Hong Kong
    >
    > Tel: (852)26098056 Fax: (852)26036002