Xfree86 freeze w/ Radeon 7500 (TP R40) after resume from suspend - X

This is a discussion on Xfree86 freeze w/ Radeon 7500 (TP R40) after resume from suspend - X ; this is a follow-up on this earlier thread: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...k.hu-berlin.de i tried what Volker suggested but realized that 2D acceleration is not the cause of the freeze. even w/ 2D acceleration completely disabled (Option "NoAccel" "true" in the device section of ...

  1. Xfree86 freeze w/ Radeon 7500 (TP R40) after resume from suspend

    this is a follow-up on this earlier thread:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...k.hu-berlin.de

    i tried what Volker suggested but realized that 2D acceleration is not
    the cause of the freeze. even w/ 2D acceleration completely disabled
    (Option "NoAccel" "true" in the device section of XF86Config), the
    machine freezes eventually after a resume from suspend. it just
    typically takes longer than w/ acceleration.
    just wanted to get this additional data point out there.

    distribution: redhat 9
    kernel: 2.4.26
    X: 4.3.99.12 (DRI trunk)
    ATI driver: 6.5.3
    Radeon DRI driver: 2004/06/25 (DRI trunk)

    regards,

    Reiner

  2. Re: Xfree86 freeze w/ Radeon 7500 (TP R40) after resume from suspend

    Reiner Schulz wrote:
    > this is a follow-up on this earlier thread:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...k.hu-berlin.de
    >

    > i tried what Volker suggested but realized that 2D acceleration is not
    > the cause of the freeze. even w/ 2D acceleration completely disabled
    > (Option "NoAccel" "true" in the device section of XF86Config), the
    > machine freezes eventually after a resume from suspend. it just
    > typically takes longer than w/ acceleration.
    > just wanted to get this additional data point out there.

    Interesting. But I just wish I thought that someone who cares about the
    Radeon driver was actually listening. Afaik no X code
    maintainer/developer took the least bit of interest. They certainly
    ought to, since the move to laptops is well under way and this bug
    matters a lot.

    Ian Hutchinson.

+ Reply to Thread