special window manager - X

This is a discussion on special window manager - X ; Hi! for a project i made, i have to remove frames from windows and i have to run a console program which forks a X window program on wm startup,also. i tried KDE,gnome windowMaker, blackbox for this purpose but they ...

  1. special window manager

    Hi!

    for a project i made, i have to remove frames from windows and i have
    to run a console program which forks a X window program on wm
    startup,also. i tried KDE,gnome windowMaker, blackbox for this purpose
    but they doesn't fit my benefits. Do you know a wimdow manager for
    doing this.

    thanks

    goktan

  2. Re: special window manager

    goktan wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > for a project i made, i have to remove frames from windows and i have
    > to run a console program which forks a X window program on wm
    > startup,also. i tried KDE,gnome windowMaker, blackbox for this purpose
    > but they doesn't fit my benefits. Do you know a wimdow manager for
    > doing this.

    try ctwm of twm for this, both should be able to give you a borderless window
    based on the window name.

    //Aho

  3. Re: special window manager

    goktan wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > for a project i made, i have to remove frames from windows and i have
    > to run a console program which forks a X window program on wm
    > startup,also. i tried KDE,gnome windowMaker, blackbox for this purpose
    > but they doesn't fit my benefits. Do you know a wimdow manager for
    > doing this.
    >

    > thanks
    >
    > goktan

    Sawfish can do this.

    Frank Fox

  4. Re: special window manager

    Frank Fox wrote:
    > goktan wrote:

    >> for a project i made, i have to remove frames from windows and i have
    >> to run a console program which forks a X window program on wm
    >> startup,also.

    > Sawfish can do this.

    This true for versions after 1.0.1? It seem like those Gnome2-sawfish are
    really limited in features comapred to Gnome-sawfish.

    //Aho

  5. Re: special window manager

    goktan@idealteknoloji.com (goktan) wrote:

    > for a project i made, i have to remove frames from windows and i have
    > to run a console program which forks a X window program on wm
    > startup,also. i tried KDE,gnome windowMaker, blackbox for this purpose
    > but they doesn't fit my benefits. Do you know a wimdow manager for
    > doing this.

    With enlightenment you can change the border style of specific windows
    as you want, ane make enlightenment rember this setting, but I think
    you canot make this the default for all windows.

    I'm not sure for the autostart thing. You can set applications to
    restart, but probably not for the console program. Maybe you could add
    something like "(sleep 10; myconsoleprogram)&" to .xinitrc before the
    WM ist being started.

    Alex
    --
    Alex Schuster Wonko@wonkology.org PGP Key available