Can't see one computer on Wireless Network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't see one computer on Wireless Network - Wireless ; Hi, This problem has been a moving target for quite some time. My main PC is connected by ethernet cable to my Router and the wireless Linksys router. The DSL modem is plugged into the router. My old P3 has ...

  1. Can't see one computer on Wireless Network

    Hi,

    This problem has been a moving target for quite some time. My main PC is
    connected by ethernet cable to my Router and the wireless Linksys router. The
    DSL modem is plugged into the router. My old P3 has a Linksys wireless card
    as does my third computer which is a P4. My Macbook has wireless capabilities
    as well.

    All of my computers can access the internet. However, my wireless P3 cannot
    access my wireless P4 yet that P4 can access the P3. The P3 can access my
    main computer just not the P4. This P4 has had this problem "off and on" for
    several months. I've tried using the Linksys software that came with the
    router and wireless nic cards and it really didn't seem to be very solid. I
    uninstalled the Linksys software and things were well for a while. There must
    be a setting somewhere on the P4 or that P3 that is preventing them from
    communicating. I've tried many things over the last several months and
    perhaps the registry on one of these machines is messed up or maybe I've
    missed something in the network settings. Today's error message when trying
    to install a network printer was that the server was not accepting a remote
    request. Or words to that effect. Any ideas? I apologise if this is
    confusing. Tks!

  2. Re: Can't see one computer on Wireless Network

    If you turn off the firewall, can you ping P4 from P3 by IP? if yes, can you ping it by name?

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Dave T" wrote in message news:4583134C-A3AE-44FE-8250-D793F9262D76@microsoft.com...
[...]

  3. Re: Can't see one computer on Wireless Network

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Dave T" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > This problem has been a moving target for quite some time. My main PC is
    > connected by ethernet cable to my Router and the wireless Linksys router.
    > The
    > DSL modem is plugged into the router. My old P3 has a Linksys wireless
    > card
    > as does my third computer which is a P4. My Macbook has wireless
    > capabilities
    > as well.
    >
    > All of my computers can access the internet. However, my wireless P3
    > cannot
    > access my wireless P4 yet that P4 can access the P3. The P3 can access my
    > main computer just not the P4. This P4 has had this problem "off and on"
    > for
    > several months. I've tried using the Linksys software that came with the
    > router and wireless nic cards and it really didn't seem to be very solid.
    > uninstalled the Linksys software and things were well for a while. There
    > must
    > be a setting somewhere on the P4 or that P3 that is preventing them from
    > communicating. I've tried many things over the last several months and
    > perhaps the registry on one of these machines is messed up or maybe I've
    > missed something in the network settings. Today's error message when
    > trying
    > to install a network printer was that the server was not accepting a
    > remote
    > request. Or words to that effect. Any ideas? I apologise if this is
    > confusing. Tks!

+ Reply to Thread