Wireless LAN - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless LAN - Wireless ; I have two computers running windows XP. They are connected via an apple airport extreme router. I can get on the interent on both computers fine. I am trying to set up a wireless lan that will enable me to ...

  1. Wireless LAN

    I have two computers running windows XP. They are connected via an apple
    airport extreme router. I can get on the interent on both computers fine. I
    am trying to set up a wireless lan that will enable me to share files between
    the two computers and also allow me to play games over a lan. Can someone
    provide me simple, straightforward instructions on how to set up a wireless
    lan, please?

  2. Re: Wireless LAN

    These how to may help you.

    peer to peer workgroup setupPeer to Peer Workgroup Setup. How to Setup A Windows Peer to Peer Network Do I need to create the same workgroup name for my network ...
    www.chicagotech.net/workgroupsetup.htm

    How to enable windows sharingHow to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a workgroup or domain network is for all computers on the network to access the network ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Netwo...lesharing0.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "nathan" wrote in message news:FE9288F4-650F-4813-9597-54FC970AABAE@microsoft.com...
    I have two computers running windows XP. They are connected via an apple
    airport extreme router. I can get on the interent on both computers fine. I
    am trying to set up a wireless lan that will enable me to share files between
    the two computers and also allow me to play games over a lan. Can someone
    provide me simple, straightforward instructions on how to set up a wireless
    lan, please?

+ Reply to Thread