Help with configuration - Wireless

This is a discussion on Help with configuration - Wireless ; I have two computers and a printer on my home network. The main computer is connected by ethernet cable to my router and to the printer. The main computer also has a wireless card and shows up on my network ...

  1. Help with configuration

    I have two computers and a printer on my home network. The main computer is
    connected by ethernet cable to my router and to the printer. The main
    computer also has a wireless card and shows up on my network map connected
    both wired and wireless. My other computer is connected wirelessly to both
    the router and printer. This system works, but it seems odd to me to have
    the main computer connected both ways to the network. I don't see any
    advantage to this. Is there any harm? I am thinking about it because I an
    looking to add some new hardware to the main computer and might need the PCI
    connector that the wireless card is using. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Help with configuration

    Hi
    Depending on how it is configured the Wireless can pose security risk, but
    otherwise there is No harm.
    If you do not need the Wireless log to Windows Device Manager and disable
    it.
    You can always enable it if needed.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "rll" wrote in message
    >I have two computers and a printer on my home network. The main computer is
    >connected by ethernet cable to my router and to the printer. The main
    >computer also has a wireless card and shows up on my network map connected
    >both wired and wireless. My other computer is connected wirelessly to both
    >the router and printer. This system works, but it seems odd to me to have
    >the main computer connected both ways to the network. I don't see any
    >advantage to this. Is there any harm? I am thinking about it because I an
    >looking to add some new hardware to the main computer and might need the
    >PCI connector that the wireless card is using. Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread