Have wireless internet, but cant see other computers - Wireless

This is a discussion on Have wireless internet, but cant see other computers - Wireless ; My computer is connected to the internet through the router (shows "internet Connection" in the Network Connections screen) but I am unable to see the other computers in the workgroup. It showes that I am connected to the network, but ...

  1. Have wireless internet, but cant see other computers

    My computer is connected to the internet through the router (shows "internet
    Connection" in the Network Connections screen) but I am unable to see the
    other computers in the workgroup. It showes that I am connected to the
    network, but cant see the other computers. I have tried to ping, I have
    verified that the name is the same on all computers, and disabled the
    firewalls,. I dont know what else to do. I have viewed the posts here &
    followed the instructions that seemed relative, without success.

  2. Re: Have wireless internet, but cant see other computers

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:16:11 -0700, Joyce
    wrote:

    >My computer is connected to the internet through the router (shows "internet
    >Connection" in the Network Connections screen) but I am unable to see the
    >other computers in the workgroup. It showes that I am connected to the
    >network, but cant see the other computers. I have tried to ping, I have
    >verified that the name is the same on all computers, and disabled the
    >firewalls,. I dont know what else to do. I have viewed the posts here &
    >followed the instructions that seemed relative, without success.

    Joyce,

    9 out of 10 reports like yours are caused by inconsistent NetBT settings, or a
    misconfigured or overlooked personal firewall.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...ing-using.html

    If you wish to diagnose the problem, look at logs from "browstat status",
    "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each
    computer. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
    precisely (download browstat!):

    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.

  3. Re: Have wireless internet, but cant see other computers

    Chuck,

    Good article, and nice website! Added to "Favorites".

    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    www.aumha.org
    Practically Nerded,...
    http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

    "Chuck [MVP]" wrote in message
    | On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:16:11 -0700, Joyce

    | wrote:
    |
    | >My computer is connected to the internet through the router (shows
    "internet
    | >Connection" in the Network Connections screen) but I am unable to see the
    | >other computers in the workgroup. It showes that I am connected to the
    | >network, but cant see the other computers. I have tried to ping, I have
    | >verified that the name is the same on all computers, and disabled the
    | >firewalls,. I dont know what else to do. I have viewed the posts here &
    | >followed the instructions that seemed relative, without success.
    |
    | Joyce,
    |
    | 9 out of 10 reports like yours are caused by inconsistent NetBT settings,
    or a
    | misconfigured or overlooked personal firewall.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...ing-using.html

    | If you wish to diagnose the problem, look at logs from "browstat status",
    | "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and "net config workstation", from
    each
    | computer. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
    | precisely (download browstat!):

    | --
    | Cheers,
    | Chuck, MS-MVP 2005-2007 [Windows - Networking]
    | http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    | Paranoia is not a problem, when it's a normal response from experience.
    | My email is AT DOT
    | actual address pchuck mvps org.

  4. Re: Have wireless internet, but cant see other computers

    Thank you so much for your help. Your articles and directions were excellent
    and you were exactly right about the problem. The problem that I found was a
    AOL Securities program that was blocking access from the IP address of that
    computer. Thanks again for the input.

  5. Re: Have wireless internet, but cant see other computers

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:18:05 -0700, Joyce
    wrote:

    >Thank you so much for your help. Your articles and directions were excellent
    >and you were exactly right about the problem. The problem that I found was a
    >AOL Securities program that was blocking access from the IP address of that
    >computer. Thanks again for the input.

    Glad to help, Joyce. Thanks for the feedback.

    AOL again.

    [A24HSH Miss Perspicacia Tick]

    "If it hurts every time you poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick
    (AOHELL), the obvious solution is to quit poking yourself in the eye with a
    sharp stick (AOHELL).

    If you absolutely MUST poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick (AOHELL),
    then feel free to seek assistance from the maker of the sharp stick (AOHELL)."

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT