Can't connect wireless from laptop to router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't connect wireless from laptop to router - Wireless ; Hi, I am trying to connect a Balance laptop computer with wins xp to a router of netgear's with 64 bit security. So far the laptop sees and thinks it's an excellent signal but it won't display the webpage. I ...

  1. Can't connect wireless from laptop to router

    Hi,

    I am trying to connect a Balance laptop computer with wins xp to a router of
    netgear's with 64 bit security. So far the laptop sees and thinks it's an
    excellent signal but it won't display the webpage. I tried with IE and
    firefox but no luck. I was told to lower security settings with laptop and
    need some settings procedures. Or any other ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Can't connect wireless from laptop to router

    what wireless card/chipset are you using and do you have the latest
    drivers?

    which netgear router and do you have the latest firmware for it?

    do you have XP SP2?

    64 bit WEP is almost as bad as no security at all. You should use
    WPA 2 if possible, but at least WPA.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP