cannot identify network - Wireless

This is a discussion on cannot identify network - Wireless ; Im running windows vista in my dorm room and i had a wireless network set up when i first got here. But then i had to take it down when i found out that it was against network policy. I ...

  1. cannot identify network

    Im running windows vista in my dorm room and i had a wireless network set up when i first got here. But then i had to take it down when i found out that it was against network policy. I then plugged my cable into the jack that the router was connected to and it says it cannot identify the network im trying to connect to. When I plug into the other jack directly beside the bad one my internet works perfectly. Ive deleted any wireless networks that my computer might be trying to connect to. When i do ipconfig i get an autoconfigured address. ANy suggestions will be helpful.
    Thannks,
    Tom

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

  2. Re: cannot identify network

    Hi
    This is a matter of the general Network configuration.
    You would be better served by asking the dorm IT manger.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "tom healy" wrote in message news:2007911211545tmhealy1012@yahoo.com...
    > Im running windows vista in my dorm room and i had a wireless network set
    > up when i first got here. But then i had to take it down when i found out
    > that it was against network policy. I then plugged my cable into the jack
    > that the router was connected to and it says it cannot identify the
    > network im trying to connect to. When I plug into the other jack directly
    > beside the bad one my internet works perfectly. Ive deleted any wireless
    > networks that my computer might be trying to connect to. When i do
    > ipconfig i get an autoconfigured address. ANy suggestions will be
    > helpful.
    > Thannks,
    > Tom
    >

    > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com

  3. RE: cannot identify network

    I have experienced a similar problem and I have tried using several different
    networks but no succcess

    "tom healy" wrote:

    > Im running windows vista in my dorm room and i had a wireless network set up when i first got here. But then i had to take it down when i found out that it was against network policy. I then plugged my cable into the jack that the router was connected to and it says it cannot identify the network im trying to connect to. When I plug into the other jack directly beside the bad one my internet works perfectly. Ive deleted any wireless networks that my computer might be trying to connect to. When i do ipconfig i get an autoconfigured address. ANy suggestions will be helpful.
    > Thannks,
    > Tom
    >

    > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com

+ Reply to Thread