Canot use the Win to manage the Wireless connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Canot use the Win to manage the Wireless connection - Wireless ; I owned a laptop with intel pro2915wireless network card, I used to use the Intel wireless interface to connect internet and everything works fine. I'm using Winxp pro, sp2. However, if I tried to use windows to manage my wireless, ...

  1. Canot use the Win to manage the Wireless connection

    I owned a laptop with intel pro2915wireless network card, I used to use the
    Intel wireless interface to connect internet and everything works fine. I'm
    using Winxp pro, sp2.

    However, if I tried to use windows to manage my wireless, strange things
    happens:
    1. it cannot view available network connections in the network properties
    although "wireless zero con." is on; but the down right side (task bar)pompt
    up a dialogue says "more than 1 network found nearby...";
    2. I tried to configued the authentication of IEEE802.1x, but "EAP type"
    will not shown any options for me to choose.(I've checked regedit and the
    relevant component is installed and enabled)

    The driver of Intel pro2915 card has been updated to latest ver but no luck,
    in conclusion, the wireless works fine in Intel interface but no working in
    windows mangement.

    I needed to change to win mode to manage wireless as my school only provided
    wireless config in Win mode.

    Looking forward to your help. Thx in advance.

  2. Re: Canot use the Win to manage the Wireless connection

    Hi
    Make sure that the Intel manager is Not running in the background.
    Do not use the IEEE802.1x (any type) unless you are running a special
    authentication server.
    This page can help in checking the Health of the computer's Wireless.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "mrleung" wrote in message
    >I owned a laptop with intel pro2915wireless network card, I used to use the
    > Intel wireless interface to connect internet and everything works fine.
    > I'm
    > using Winxp pro, sp2.
    >
    > However, if I tried to use windows to manage my wireless, strange things
    > happens:
    > 1. it cannot view available network connections in the network properties
    > although "wireless zero con." is on; but the down right side (task
    > bar)pompt
    > up a dialogue says "more than 1 network found nearby...";
    > 2. I tried to configued the authentication of IEEE802.1x, but "EAP type"
    > will not shown any options for me to choose.(I've checked regedit and the
    > relevant component is installed and enabled)
    >
    > The driver of Intel pro2915 card has been updated to latest ver but no
    > luck,
    > in conclusion, the wireless works fine in Intel interface but no working
    > in
    > windows mangement.
    >
    > I needed to change to win mode to manage wireless as my school only
    > provided
    > wireless config in Win mode.
    >
    > Looking forward to your help. Thx in advance.

  3. Re: Canot use the Win to manage the Wireless connection

    Thx for the reply, however,
    I used the Intel Manager to shift the wireless control to "Win"; moreover, I
    needed to use IEEE802.1x as it is the school's config requirement.

    I 've went thru the link provided but it doesnt help.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Make sure that the Intel manager is Not running in the background.
    > Do not use the IEEE802.1x (any type) unless you are running a special
    > authentication server.
    > This page can help in checking the Health of the computer's Wireless.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "mrleung" wrote in message
    > >I owned a laptop with intel pro2915wireless network card, I used to use the
    > > Intel wireless interface to connect internet and everything works fine.
    > > I'm
    > > using Winxp pro, sp2.
    > >
    > > However, if I tried to use windows to manage my wireless, strange things
    > > happens:
    > > 1. it cannot view available network connections in the network properties
    > > although "wireless zero con." is on; but the down right side (task
    > > bar)pompt
    > > up a dialogue says "more than 1 network found nearby...";
    > > 2. I tried to configued the authentication of IEEE802.1x, but "EAP type"
    > > will not shown any options for me to choose.(I've checked regedit and the
    > > relevant component is installed and enabled)
    > >
    > > The driver of Intel pro2915 card has been updated to latest ver but no
    > > luck,
    > > in conclusion, the wireless works fine in Intel interface but no working
    > > in
    > > windows mangement.
    > >
    > > I needed to change to win mode to manage wireless as my school only
    > > provided
    > > wireless config in Win mode.
    > >
    > > Looking forward to your help. Thx in advance.

  4. Re: Canot use the Win to manage the Wireless connection

    Hi
    Try to remove the Intel utility from loading up and configure to work
    directly with WZC.
    If you need different profiles (at school and other places), may be this can
    Help.
    How to Configure a Laptop (or any computer) to connect to more than one
    Network? http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#fewtcp-ip
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

+ Reply to Thread