Windows Vista can't connect my AirportExpress - Wireless

This is a discussion on Windows Vista can't connect my AirportExpress - Wireless ; Hello This is the situation at home : I have a MacBookPro running on an Airport Express Wireless Network, not password secure. Now I have a new Windows Vista laptop and it really can't connect to the network, I've been ...

  1. Windows Vista can't connect my AirportExpress

    Hello

    This is the situation at home :
    I have a MacBookPro running on an Airport Express Wireless Network, not
    password secure.
    Now I have a new Windows Vista laptop and it really can't connect to the
    network, I've been trying to solve this problem for a week now and it still
    doesn't work.
    It gives the message that Windows can't connect to the wireless network
    because of an unknown reason...

    Here are the things I've already done :

    - Installed the Airport Express configuration software on the Vista laptop,
    tried to set up and configure the wireless network via the Vista laptop but
    the Airport Express doesn't flash green... So the network can't be set up if
    I do it with Windows Vista.

    - Resetted the network several times and removed the password from the
    network so it's accessible for any wireless computer

    - Also removed the MAC-filtering from the network

    - I've been googling, asking my question on Macintosh-forums, but I've still
    not found the solution...

    I read somewhere that Windows Vista isn't compatible with Airport Express
    because there are no drivers or configuration software available if you only
    have the Airport Express, you do have configuration software or drivers
    available for Vista when you purchased an Airport Extreme on a cd, but they
    aren't available on the Internet...
    But I don't know what to believe/think anymore...

    Maybe someone with the same problem and found a solution?

    Thanks

    Mattias Dominguez

  2. Re: Windows Vista can't connect my AirportExpress

    you really should pester Apple Computer for a fix/workaround, but
    see if
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread....67565&tstart=0
    helps at all.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  3. Re: Windows Vista can't connect my AirportExpress

    Already did that
    Thanks for helping but a friend of mine helped me out with the problem,
    finally I can get online with the Vista laptop on an Apple Airport Express
    network!

    Greets

    "Barb Bowman" schreef in bericht
    > you really should pester Apple Computer for a fix/workaround, but
    > see if
    > http://discussions.apple.com/thread....67565&tstart=0
    > helps at all.
    >
    > On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:41:17 +0200, "Mattias Dominguez"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hello
    >>
    >>This is the situation at home :
    >>I have a MacBookPro running on an Airport Express Wireless Network, not
    >>password secure.
    >>Now I have a new Windows Vista laptop and it really can't connect to the
    >>network, I've been trying to solve this problem for a week now and it
    >>still
    >>doesn't work.
    >>It gives the message that Windows can't connect to the wireless network
    >>because of an unknown reason...
    >>
    >>Here are the things I've already done :
    >>
    >>- Installed the Airport Express configuration software on the Vista
    >>laptop,
    >>tried to set up and configure the wireless network via the Vista laptop
    >>but
    >>the Airport Express doesn't flash green... So the network can't be set up
    >>if
    >>I do it with Windows Vista.
    >>
    >>- Resetted the network several times and removed the password from the
    >>network so it's accessible for any wireless computer
    >>
    >>- Also removed the MAC-filtering from the network
    >>
    >>- I've been googling, asking my question on Macintosh-forums, but I've
    >>still
    >>not found the solution...
    >>
    >>I read somewhere that Windows Vista isn't compatible with Airport Express
    >>because there are no drivers or configuration software available if you
    >>only
    >>have the Airport Express, you do have configuration software or drivers
    >>available for Vista when you purchased an Airport Extreme on a cd, but
    >>they
    >>aren't available on the Internet...
    >>But I don't know what to believe/think anymore...
    >>
    >>Maybe someone with the same problem and found a solution?
    >>

    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Mattias Dominguez
    >>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS Windows-MVP

  4. Re: Windows Vista can't connect my AirportExpress

    thanks for the update. it would be great if you could post the
    solution here so it can help others with the same issue.

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP