How do I setup a pay by use Hotspot with no cost to me? - Wireless

This is a discussion on How do I setup a pay by use Hotspot with no cost to me? - Wireless ; Hi, I own a small hotel and would like to know how I can share my wireless access with guests via a pay per use service? They could come to the reception and get a password for a charge (only ...

  1. How do I setup a pay by use Hotspot with no cost to me?

    Hi,

    I own a small hotel and would like to know how I can share my wireless
    access with guests via a pay per use service? They could come to the
    reception and get a password for a charge (only one person at a time
    shall be connected with that password so guests don't share
    passwords).
    Is it at all possible to do a setup like this without incurring any
    costs on my side? I don't need guests to be able to pay on a web page,
    I just want to control access so that I can charge for it.

    Thanks a lot for any advice.

  2. Re: How do I setup a pay by use Hotspot with no cost to me?

    > Hi,
    >
    > I own a small hotel and would like to know how I can share my wireless
    > access with guests via a pay per use service? They could come to the
    > reception and get a password for a charge (only one person at a time
    > shall be connected with that password so guests don't share
    > passwords).
    > Is it at all possible to do a setup like this without incurring any
    > costs on my side? I don't need guests to be able to pay on a web page,
    > I just want to control access so that I can charge for it.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for any advice.

    To avoid legal hassles, make sure your ISP TOS (terms of service) allow you
    to resell Internet service. There are a number of captive portal systems
    available that allow you to provide wifi for fee:

    http://www.hotspotsystem.com/en/hots...FQ2aOAodEC3MwA
    http://www.sputnik.com/products/sputniknet.html
    http://www.mywifizone.com/news2.asp

    Better yet, provide free Internet access to attract more customers. At least
    some of your competitors very likely offer free WiFi already.

    Hope that's helpful,

    Ronald Nissley

  3. Re: How do I setup a pay by use Hotspot with no cost to me?

    Call Cox and tell them you are interested in the Hospitality
    service. (Your IP resolves to a Cox scope)

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:11:38 -0000, First Voyager
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I own a small hotel and would like to know how I can share my wireless
    >access with guests via a pay per use service? They could come to the
    >reception and get a password for a charge (only one person at a time
    >shall be connected with that password so guests don't share
    >passwords).
    >Is it at all possible to do a setup like this without incurring any
    >costs on my side? I don't need guests to be able to pay on a web page,
    >I just want to control access so that I can charge for it.
    >
    >Thanks a lot for any advice.

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP