XP wireless connection wants to redial? - Wireless

This is a discussion on XP wireless connection wants to redial? - Wireless ; Hi all, I have a new wireless Linksys N router that I just installed on the weekend and even though I am connected to the internet OK and browsing websites, etc, I sometimes get a message to redial the connection. ...

  1. XP wireless connection wants to redial?

    Hi all,

    I have a new wireless Linksys N router that I just installed on the
    weekend and even though I am connected to the internet OK and browsing
    websites, etc, I sometimes get a message to redial the connection.
    I'm not sure if this is the router or XP network connection that is
    causing this. I always click cancel, and things carry on normally.

    Any ideas how to stop this from happening? This did not occur when I
    had a wired connection.

    thanks,

    Larry

  2. Re: XP wireless connection wants to redial?

    Hi
    Pull down the Browser option and check the entry Never Dial a Connection.
    http://www.ezlan.net/network/donot_dialup.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    news:1186508906.995384.41050@d55g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a new wireless Linksys N router that I just installed on the
    > weekend and even though I am connected to the internet OK and browsing
    > websites, etc, I sometimes get a message to redial the connection.
    > I'm not sure if this is the router or XP network connection that is
    > causing this. I always click cancel, and things carry on normally.
    >
    > Any ideas how to stop this from happening? This did not occur when I
    > had a wired connection.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Larry

  3. Re: XP wireless connection wants to redial?

    Thanks Jack. I have already tried that before but it still
    continued. I have since deleted my broadband connections and
    hopefully that did the trick.

    On Aug 7, 4:47 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    wrote:
    > Hi
    > Pull down the Browser option and check the entry Never Dial a Connection.http://www.ezlan.net/network/donot_dialup.jpg
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > wrote in message
    >
    > news:1186508906.995384.41050@d55g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    >
    > > Hi all,

    > > I have a new wireless Linksys N router that I just installed on the
    > > weekend and even though I am connected to the internet OK and browsing
    > > websites, etc, I sometimes get a message to redial the connection.
    > > I'm not sure if this is the router or XP network connection that is
    > > causing this. I always click cancel, and things carry on normally.

    > > Any ideas how to stop this from happening? This did not occur when I
    > > had a wired connection.

    > > thanks,

    > > Larry

+ Reply to Thread