Registry keys for Wireless Region? - Wireless

This is a discussion on Registry keys for Wireless Region? - Wireless ; I have a PC with a wireless PCI card (AM1772) that was previously working. On closer inspection it has North American region selected rather than Europe. The software supplied with card allows no option to change the region. I have ...

  1. Registry keys for Wireless Region?

    I have a PC with a wireless PCI card (AM1772) that was previously working. On
    closer inspection it has North American region selected rather than Europe.
    The software supplied with card allows no option to change the region. I have
    then tested with an identical card on another PC (works OK) and experience
    the same problem with this second card on this PC. All regional settings are
    set to UK on the PC so I do not know where it is picking this info from. I
    believe that a Belkin USB wireless device was introduced to the PC and that
    this software may have changed the settings. This USB device has long since
    gone!

    I have concluded that the information must be stored in the registry but I
    cannot find it. I have found the Belkin USB entires and the AM1772 entries,
    neither have the country code or region stored there. So where is it?

  2. Re: Registry keys for Wireless Region?

    "Steve Hopper, Ipswich, uk" wrote in message
    >I have a PC with a wireless PCI card (AM1772) that was previously working. On
    > closer inspection it has North American region selected rather than Europe.
    > The software supplied with card allows no option to change the region. I have
    > then tested with an identical card on another PC (works OK) and experience
    > the same problem with this second card on this PC. All regional settings are
    > set to UK on the PC so I do not know where it is picking this info from. I
    > believe that a Belkin USB wireless device was introduced to the PC and that
    > this software may have changed the settings. This USB device has long since
    > gone!
    >
    > I have concluded that the information must be stored in the registry but I
    > cannot find it. I have found the Belkin USB entires and the AM1772 entries,
    > neither have the country code or region stored there. So where is it?

    The regional locking is deliberately hidden and made hard to remove -
    may be it is defined by the device hardware ID, or burned in the netcard.
    The US and Europe settings have some common channels, so maybe your
    another card in another PC simply worked on one of these shared channels,
    but actually has same region restriction.

    Regards,
    --PA

+ Reply to Thread