Sending Messages to specific IPs running specificprogram - Wireless

This is a discussion on Sending Messages to specific IPs running specificprogram - Wireless ; Hi all, I will describe you the scenario first and then ask for my problem. I am developing an application in VB . This application will be used by 0-100 persons connected in LAN. The application is ready except for ...

  1. Sending Messages to specific IPs running specificprogram

    Hi all,
    I will describe you the scenario first and then ask for my problem.

    I am developing an application in VB. This application will be used by 0-100 persons connected in LAN. The application is ready except for one part. That part is described below:
    I want that a message should be passed from one user to all other 1-99 users through a VB button. These 99 people are not confirmed and doesn't have any specific IP. I mean that at times there may be only 5-10 people using the application. Now if a user sends a message the VB should first check in a particular subnet, that who all are using this application and then it should display a message box on the screen of all those users who are using this Application.

    The message sending to specific computers is my problem.

    Can anybody make head or tail of this?

    I will give you an example:
    Let us suppose that there are 10 users in LAN. Out of these 10 only 7 are using my application of VB. Now if one user out of these 7 users wants to send a specific message the it should go to only other 6 user (who are using the application) and not to other 9 users.

    Please reply to me as soon as possible as I need this urgently.

    Thanks in advance.

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

  2. RE: Sending Messages to specific IPs running specific program

    Wrong newsgroup.
    Please proceed to microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks

    --PA

    "Vipul Saxena" wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I will describe you the scenario first and then ask for my problem.
    >
    > I am developing an application in VB. This application will be used by 0-100 persons connected in LAN. The application is ready except for one part. That part is described below:
    > I want that a message should be passed from one user to all other 1-99 users through a VB button. These 99 people are not confirmed and doesn't have any specific IP. I mean that at times there may be only 5-10 people using the application. Now if a user sends a message the VB should first check in a particular subnet, that who all are using this application and then it should display a message box on the screen of all those users who are using this Application.
    >
    > The message sending to specific computers is my problem.
    >
    > Can anybody make head or tail of this?
    >

    > I will give you an example:
    > Let us suppose that there are 10 users in LAN. Out of these 10 only 7 are using my application of VB. Now if one user out of these 7 users wants to send a specific message the it should go to only other 6 user (who are using the application) and not to other 9 users.
    >
    > Please reply to me as soon as possible as I need this urgently.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com

+ Reply to Thread