Connecting to PC with WiFi card - Wireless

This is a discussion on Connecting to PC with WiFi card - Wireless ; I have 3 pcs on a peer-to-peer wired network. One PC has a WiFi card. Can I share Internet connectivity with the PC that has the WiFi card (without having to buy a WiFi router) -- CM...

  1. Connecting to PC with WiFi card

    --
    CM

  2. Re: Connecting to PC with WiFi card

    Hi
    To create a Wireless connection you need at least two Wireless cards, or one
    Wireless card and a Wireless Router.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...mspx?pf=trueHi
    If you already have two wireless cards you can connect them together by
    configuring them to Ad-Hoc mode and using Windows ICS for Internet Sharing.
    This method is not very secure and night be quite quirky.
    If you do not have two cards you can find a Wireless Router that is only few
    $$ more expensive than an additional card. With Wireless Router you would
    get much better results.
    Topology looks like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "CM" wrote in message
    >I have 3 pcs on a peer-to-peer wired network. One PC has a WiFi card. Can I
    > share Internet connectivity with the PC that has the WiFi card (without
    > having to buy a WiFi router)
    > --
    > CM

+ Reply to Thread