network problem - Wireless

This is a discussion on network problem - Wireless ; Hi, I asked this question earlier and didn't receive an answer yet. So I am trying again, maybe I missed something. I have 2 comps. a laptop, A, with many passwords and protections, connected to a hub (so the connection ...

  1. network problem

    Hi,

    I asked this question earlier and didn't receive an answer yet. So I am
    trying again, maybe I missed something.

    I have 2 comps. a laptop, A, with many passwords and protections, connected
    to a hub (so the connection is wireless), and a desktop, B, without password,
    with anti-virus and firewall only, connected to DSL. Both run Windows XP Pro.

    They used to work in a network, so the network is set. A has both names in
    my Workgroup, but B has only his own. They don't communicate.

    Could you tell me what happened, and how to restore the right stuff, so I
    can share documents, and the printer and scanner at once.

    Many thanks for your help.

    Regards

  2. Re: network problem

    On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:52:00 -0700, JL wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I asked this question earlier and didn't receive an answer yet. So I am
    >trying again, maybe I missed something.
    >
    >I have 2 comps. a laptop, A, with many passwords and protections, connected
    >to a hub (so the connection is wireless), and a desktop, B, without password,
    >with anti-virus and firewall only, connected to DSL. Both run Windows XP Pro.
    >
    >They used to work in a network, so the network is set. A has both names in
    >my Workgroup, but B has only his own. They don't communicate.
    >
    >Could you tell me what happened, and how to restore the right stuff, so I
    >can share documents, and the printer and scanner at once.
    >
    >Many thanks for your help.
    >
    >Regards

    Do both computers have Internet connectivity? If so, you probably have a
    personal firewall problem.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...ther-help.html

    Also, look at the NetBT setting for both computers, and make it consistent.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...ing-using.html

    To diagnose the problem, look at logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all",
    "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each computer. Read
    this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely (download
    browstat!):

    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.

  3. Re: network problem

    Hi,

    I am in your site and it seems I will need at least 3 x 24h with many
    migrianes to solve my problem.

    I started with layers, but I still don't have the computer's name on comp.
    B. I think I improved things since now I have both computers in my Network,
    but I have nothing in Workgroup. and apparently Windows ignore what workgroup
    is I went to Help, there is no word matching "add a computer in my
    workgroup.

    In Windows "how to set a Network", this part is missing. I did successfully
    what they say, and the next article is "how to share". So they assume both
    computers are in the Workgroup. You do the same in Solving Network Problem...
    It is obvious to everyone but me!!!

    I went to the Wizard, it doesn't work, I have no idea why.

    Could you please help me with the missing part?

    Of course, both comps are connected to internet. I reinstalled my firewall
    (Kerio) in the desktop.

    Thanks a lot

    "Chuck [MVP]" wrote:

    > On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:52:00 -0700, JL wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I asked this question earlier and didn't receive an answer yet. So I am
    > >trying again, maybe I missed something.
    > >
    > >I have 2 comps. a laptop, A, with many passwords and protections, connected
    > >to a hub (so the connection is wireless), and a desktop, B, without password,
    > >with anti-virus and firewall only, connected to DSL. Both run Windows XP Pro.
    > >
    > >They used to work in a network, so the network is set. A has both names in
    > >my Workgroup, but B has only his own. They don't communicate.
    > >
    > >Could you tell me what happened, and how to restore the right stuff, so I
    > >can share documents, and the printer and scanner at once.
    > >
    > >Many thanks for your help.
    > >
    > >Regards

    > Do both computers have Internet connectivity? If so, you probably have a
    > personal firewall problem.
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...ther-help.html
    >
    > Also, look at the NetBT setting for both computers, and make it consistent.
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...ing-using.html
    >
    > To diagnose the problem, look at logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all",
    > "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each computer. Read
    > this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely (download
    > browstat!):
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...#AskingForHelp
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    > My email is AT DOT
    > actual address pchuck mvps org.

  4. Re: network problem

    On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 19:04:01 -0700, JL wrote:

    >"Chuck [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:52:00 -0700, JL wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >I asked this question earlier and didn't receive an answer yet. So I am
    >> >trying again, maybe I missed something.
    >> >
    >> >I have 2 comps. a laptop, A, with many passwords and protections, connected
    >> >to a hub (so the connection is wireless), and a desktop, B, without password,
    >> >with anti-virus and firewall only, connected to DSL. Both run Windows XP Pro.
    >> >
    >> >They used to work in a network, so the network is set. A has both names in
    >> >my Workgroup, but B has only his own. They don't communicate.
    >> >
    >> >Could you tell me what happened, and how to restore the right stuff, so I
    >> >can share documents, and the printer and scanner at once.
    >> >
    >> >Many thanks for your help.
    >> >
    >> >Regards

    >> Do both computers have Internet connectivity? If so, you probably have a
    >> personal firewall problem.
    >>
    >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...ther-help.html
    >>
    >> Also, look at the NetBT setting for both computers, and make it consistent.
    >>
    >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...ing-using.html
    >>
    >> To diagnose the problem, look at logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all",
    >> "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each computer. Read
    >> this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely (download
    >> browstat!):
    >>
    >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...#AskingForHelp

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am in your site and it seems I will need at least 3 x 24h with many
    >migrianes to solve my problem.
    >
    >I started with layers, but I still don't have the computer's name on comp.
    >B. I think I improved things since now I have both computers in my Network,
    >but I have nothing in Workgroup. and apparently Windows ignore what workgroup
    >is I went to Help, there is no word matching "add a computer in my
    >workgroup.
    >
    >In Windows "how to set a Network", this part is missing. I did successfully
    >what they say, and the next article is "how to share". So they assume both
    >computers are in the Workgroup. You do the same in Solving Network Problem...
    >It is obvious to everyone but me!!!
    >
    >I went to the Wizard, it doesn't work, I have no idea why.
    >
    >Could you please help me with the missing part?
    >
    >Of course, both comps are connected to internet. I reinstalled my firewall
    >(Kerio) in the desktop.
    >
    >Thanks a lot

    OK, let's try diagnosing the situation, so we can see what to do first. Look
    at, and post, logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server",
    and "net config workstation", from each computer. Read this article, and linked
    articles, and follow instructions precisely (download browstat!):

    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.

  5. Re: network problem

    ok, I am sweating on that. I will succeed some time It is very nice of
    you, and I realize the work you did!!!

    But I cannot copy the info publicly. How do I do? And I have 2 notepad files
    but in 2 different computers. How do I put them in a message to you?

    Right now, I have a Notepad ipconfig for both computers, and in a DOS
    windows, browstat it seems I get a little problem C:\Documents and
    Settings\YourAccount>browstat status >c:\browstat.txt says 'browstat' it is
    not recognized as an internal or external command in both computers (and I
    have your text under my eyes)

    then NET CONFIG
    [SERVER : WORKSTATION] for both computers

    So, I am almost done, except for browstat, that I get in a DOS windows, but
    not the info.

    I hope I can give you the info tomorrow.

    Best regards

    "Chuck [MVP]" wrote:

    > On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 19:04:01 -0700, JL wrote:

    > >> Do both computers have Internet connectivity? If so, you probably have a
    > >> personal firewall problem.
    > >>
    > >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...ther-help.html
    > >>
    > >> Also, look at the NetBT setting for both computers, and make it consistent.
    > >>
    > >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...ing-using.html
    > >>
    > >> To diagnose the problem, look at logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all",
    > >> "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each computer. Read
    > >> this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely (download
    > >> browstat!):
    > >>
    > >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...#AskingForHelp

    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I am in your site and it seems I will need at least 3 x 24h with many
    > >migrianes to solve my problem.
    > >
    > >I started with layers, but I still don't have the computer's name on comp.
    > >B. I think I improved things since now I have both computers in my Network,
    > >but I have nothing in Workgroup. and apparently Windows ignore what workgroup
    > >is I went to Help, there is no word matching "add a computer in my
    > >workgroup.
    > >
    > >In Windows "how to set a Network", this part is missing. I did successfully
    > >what they say, and the next article is "how to share". So they assume both
    > >computers are in the Workgroup. You do the same in Solving Network Problem...
    > >It is obvious to everyone but me!!!
    > >
    > >I went to the Wizard, it doesn't work, I have no idea why.
    > >
    > >Could you please help me with the missing part?
    > >
    > >Of course, both comps are connected to internet. I reinstalled my firewall
    > >(Kerio) in the desktop.
    > >
    > >Thanks a lot

    > OK, let's try diagnosing the situation, so we can see what to do first. Look
    > at, and post, logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server",
    > and "net config workstation", from each computer. Read this article, and linked
    > articles, and follow instructions precisely (download browstat!):
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...#AskingForHelp
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    > My email is AT DOT
    > actual address pchuck mvps org.

  6. Re: network problem

    On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 19:22:01 -0700, JL wrote:

    >"Chuck [MVP]" wrote:

    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >I am in your site and it seems I will need at least 3 x 24h with many
    >> >migrianes to solve my problem.
    >> >
    >> >I started with layers, but I still don't have the computer's name on comp.
    >> >B. I think I improved things since now I have both computers in my Network,
    >> >but I have nothing in Workgroup. and apparently Windows ignore what workgroup
    >> >is I went to Help, there is no word matching "add a computer in my
    >> >workgroup.
    >> >
    >> >In Windows "how to set a Network", this part is missing. I did successfully
    >> >what they say, and the next article is "how to share". So they assume both
    >> >computers are in the Workgroup. You do the same in Solving Network Problem...
    >> >It is obvious to everyone but me!!!
    >> >
    >> >I went to the Wizard, it doesn't work, I have no idea why.
    >> >
    >> >Could you please help me with the missing part?
    >> >
    >> >Of course, both comps are connected to internet. I reinstalled my firewall
    >> >(Kerio) in the desktop.
    >> >
    >> >Thanks a lot

    >> OK, let's try diagnosing the situation, so we can see what to do first. Look
    >> at, and post, logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server",
    >> and "net config workstation", from each computer. Read this article, and linked
    >> articles, and follow instructions precisely (download browstat!):
    >>
    >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...#AskingForHelp

    >ok, I am sweating on that. I will succeed some time It is very nice of
    >you, and I realize the work you did!!!
    >
    >But I cannot copy the info publicly. How do I do? And I have 2 notepad files
    >but in 2 different computers. How do I put them in a message to you?
    >
    > Right now, I have a Notepad ipconfig for both computers, and in a DOS
    >windows, browstat it seems I get a little problem C:\Documents and
    >Settings\YourAccount>browstat status >c:\browstat.txt says 'browstat' it is
    >not recognized as an internal or external command in both computers (and I
    >have your text under my eyes)
    >
    >then NET CONFIG
    >[SERVER : WORKSTATION] for both computers
    >
    >So, I am almost done, except for browstat, that I get in a DOS windows, but
    >not the info.
    >
    >I hope I can give you the info tomorrow.

    Are you inside a NAT router (make and model of router please)? If so, all of
    the information in "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and
    "net config workstation", is useless to anybody of dishonest intent - none of it
    is visible to anybody outside the router. On the other hand, it may be
    essential to anybody trying to help you.

    You're looking for help. Help us to help you - post the information here.

    And read my tutorial on using the command window properly. You redirect a
    browstat log the same as an ipconfig log.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...nd-window.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.

  7. Re: network problem

    Oh, I read everything! And set a new folder named Utility, too. I still have
    the same error message.

    But I can copy here the info about one of the computers, then I will reply
    also from the other one with the proper info. But YOU (I mean in the
    discussion group) said a lot not to post personal info....

    My modem/router is 2Wire, the only one provided by the only ISP here.

    Windows IP Configuration

    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SUNFORCE

    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast

    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : gateway.2wire.net

    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit
    Ethernet

    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0B-5D-4F-79-B2

    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

    Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : gateway.2wire.net

    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG
    Network Connection

    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0E-35-41-72-2C

    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, August 05, 2007 12:45:49
    PM

    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, August 06, 2007 12:45:49
    PM

    Server Name \\SUNFORCE
    Server Comment xx

    Software version Windows 2002
    Server is active on
    NetbiosSmb (000000000000)
    NetBT_Tcpip_{C7429849-8668-450F-A4FC-96F794B5CF6D} (000e3541722c)
    NetBT_Tcpip_{9C6DFA79-26C7-4F99-9843-FAA52D0D4487} (000b5d4f79b2)

    Server hidden No
    Maximum Logged On Users 10
    Maximum open files per session 16384

    Idle session time (min) 15
    The command completed successfully.

    Thanks

    "Chuck [MVP]" wrote:

    > On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 19:22:01 -0700, JL wrote:

    > >> OK, let's try diagnosing the situation, so we can see what to do first. Look
    > >> at, and post, logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server",
    > >> and "net config workstation", from each computer. Read this article, and linked
    > >> articles, and follow instructions precisely (download browstat!):
    > >>
    > >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...#AskingForHelp

    > >ok, I am sweating on that. I will succeed some time It is very nice of
    > >you, and I realize the work you did!!!
    > >
    > >But I cannot copy the info publicly. How do I do? And I have 2 notepad files
    > >but in 2 different computers. How do I put them in a message to you?
    > >
    > > Right now, I have a Notepad ipconfig for both computers, and in a DOS
    > >windows, browstat it seems I get a little problem C:\Documents and
    > >Settings\YourAccount>browstat status >c:\browstat.txt says 'browstat' it is
    > >not recognized as an internal or external command in both computers (and I
    > >have your text under my eyes)
    > >
    > >then NET CONFIG
    > >[SERVER : WORKSTATION] for both computers
    > >
    > >So, I am almost done, except for browstat, that I get in a DOS windows, but
    > >not the info.
    > >
    > >I hope I can give you the info tomorrow.

    > Are you inside a NAT router (make and model of router please)? If so, all of
    > the information in "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and
    > "net config workstation", is useless to anybody of dishonest intent - none of it
    > is visible to anybody outside the router. On the other hand, it may be
    > essential to anybody trying to help you.
    >
    > You're looking for help. Help us to help you - post the information here.
    >
    > And read my tutorial on using the command window properly. You redirect a
    > browstat log the same as an ipconfig log.
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...nd-window.html
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    > My email is AT DOT
    > actual address pchuck mvps org.

  8. Re: network problem

    here is the info about the desktop

    Windows IP Configuration

    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Sunscape

    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast

    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : gateway.2wire.net

    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : gateway.2wire.net

    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast
    Ethernet NIC

    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-11-2F-80-30-90

    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::211:2fff:fe80:3090%4

    4.2.2.3

    fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

    fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1

    fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, August 05, 2007 7:49:14 PM

    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, August 06, 2007 7:49:14 PM

    Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-FB-EF-42-6A-92-AF

    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%5

    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

    Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : gateway.2wire.net

    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Automatic Tunneling
    Pseudo-Interface

    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C0-A8-01-40

    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.1.64%2

    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

    fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1

    fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

    Server Name \\SUNSCAPE
    Server Comment yy

    Software version Windows 2002
    Server is active on
    NwlnkIpx (000000000001)
    NwlnkNb (00112f803090)
    NetBT_Tcpip_{61DB3DBF-E990-42DD-8778-E9709D415C06} (00112f803090)
    NetbiosSmb (000000000000)

    Server hidden No
    Maximum Logged On Users 10
    Maximum open files per session 16384

    Idle session time (min) 15
    The command completed successfully.

    That's all I have. Browstat.txt is empty

    Thanks

    "JL" wrote:

> [...]

    > > >I hope I can give you the info tomorrow.

    > > Are you inside a NAT router (make and model of router please)? If so, all of
    > > the information in "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and
    > > "net config workstation", is useless to anybody of dishonest intent - none of it
    > > is visible to anybody outside the router. On the other hand, it may be
    > > essential to anybody trying to help you.
    > >
    > > You're looking for help. Help us to help you - post the information here.
    > >
    > > And read my tutorial on using the command window properly. You redirect a
    > > browstat log the same as an ipconfig log.
    > >
    > > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...nd-window.html
    > >
    > > --
    > > Cheers,
    > > Chuck, MS-MVP 2005-2007 [Windows - Networking]
    > > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    > > Paranoia is not a problem, when it's a normal response from experience.

  9. Re: network problem

    On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 15:44:02 -0700, JL wrote:

> [...]

    > Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    >
    > IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.1.64%2
    >
    > Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
    >
    > DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
    >
    > fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
    >
    > fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    >
    > NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
    >
    >Server Name \\SUNSCAPE
    >Server Comment yy
    >
    >Software version Windows 2002
    >Server is active on
    > NwlnkIpx (000000000001)
    > NwlnkNb (00112f803090)
    > NetBT_Tcpip_{61DB3DBF-E990-42DD-8778-E9709D415C06} (00112f803090)
    > NetbiosSmb (000000000000)
    >

    >Server hidden No
    >Maximum Logged On Users 10
    >Maximum open files per session 16384
    >
    >Idle session time (min) 15
    >The command completed successfully.
    >
    >That's all I have. Browstat.txt is empty

    OK, let's start with Sunscape and the network stack - IPV6, IPX/SPX, and
    NetBEUI.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-clean-up.html

    Clean Sunscape up, restart both computers, and re test.

    Caution, in general, is a good idea on the Internet. In this case, though, we
    have to look at the details. If this doesn't do it, we'll have to repeat with
    all new diagnostics. I'm not sure why browstat.txt should be empty.

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.

  10. Re: network problem

    HA...

    I removed all I could but I can't (I mean Sunscape doesn't want) to
    uninstall NWLink NetBIOS uninstall Grey, nor NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBios
    Compatible Transport Protocol (I unchecked them..)

    I did a System Restore before. Good surprise, I now have my Workgroup normal.

    Bad surprise I only restarted Sunforce, I have under My Network Places,
    Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    network ressource. Contact the administrator.... it is ME!. Then, the list of
    servers for this workgroup is not currently available. And a lot of files
    under My Network Places have disappeared... and I didn't do a System Restore
    point on this one, since I didn't change anything. Only the 3 important
    boxes are checked on Local Area Connection on Sunforce.

    Besides, if I try to share a file, I don't have the same window as before.
    Actually the lastest news is it seems I cannot anymore. I can always restore
    it to a previous point.

    Thanks for so much help. At least I learn more than when asking a friend!

    J.

    "Chuck [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]

    > > NwlnkNb (00112f803090)
    > > NetBT_Tcpip_{61DB3DBF-E990-42DD-8778-E9709D415C06} (00112f803090)
    > > NetbiosSmb (000000000000)
    > >

    > >Server hidden No
    > >Maximum Logged On Users 10
    > >Maximum open files per session 16384
    > >
    > >Idle session time (min) 15
    > >The command completed successfully.
    > >
    > >That's all I have. Browstat.txt is empty
    > >
    > >Thanks

    > OK, let's start with Sunscape and the network stack - IPV6, IPX/SPX, and
    > NetBEUI.
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-clean-up.html
    >
    > Clean Sunscape up, restart both computers, and re test.
    >
    > Caution, in general, is a good idea on the Internet. In this case, though, we
    > have to look at the details. If this doesn't do it, we'll have to repeat with
    > all new diagnostics. I'm not sure why browstat.txt should be empty.

  11. Re: network problem

    On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:48:01 -0700, JL wrote:

> [...]

    >I did a System Restore before. Good surprise, I now have my Workgroup normal.
    >
    >Bad surprise I only restarted Sunforce, I have under My Network Places,
    >Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    >network ressource. Contact the administrator.... it is ME!. Then, the list of
    >servers for this workgroup is not currently available. And a lot of files
    >under My Network Places have disappeared... and I didn't do a System Restore
    >point on this one, since I didn't change anything. Only the 3 important
    >boxes are checked on Local Area Connection on Sunforce.
    >
    >Besides, if I try to share a file, I don't have the same window as before.
    >Actually the lastest news is it seems I cannot anymore. I can always restore
    >it to a previous point.
    >
    >Thanks for so much help. At least I learn more than when asking a friend!

    OK, J,

    Your problem, at the bottom, is called the browser. That's what browstat
    diagnoses.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...lways-see.html

    The browser is easily affected by multiple protocols. If one computer has
    multiple protocols, and the other doesn't, you have an unbalanced situation. If
    you're with a bunch of people who are multilingual, and you aren't, you'll
    notice that occasionally they will chatter away and you won't know what they are
    saying. That's the problem with Sunforce and Sunscape, and at least part of the
    cause of the browser problem.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-clean-up.html

    --
    Cheers,