Netwoirk speed on router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Netwoirk speed on router - Wireless ; Hi I have a modem that plugs into my Wireless router and I connect two PC's wirelessly to the router at 54Meg. The router has Ethernet slots for adding wired computors, If I plug in a PC using the Ethernet ...

  1. Netwoirk speed on router

    Hi

    I have a modem that plugs into my Wireless router and I connect two PC's
    wirelessly to the router at 54Meg.

    The router has Ethernet slots for adding wired computors, If I plug in a PC
    using the Ethernet slots will it connect at 54Meg or at normal Ethernet
    speeds?

    thanks

  2. Re: Netwoirk speed on router

    It should connect at Ethernet speeds (no wireless adapter in that pc
    or wireless turned off/disabled).

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  3. Re: Netwoirk speed on router

    Hi
    Wireless has its speed, and so is Wire.
    This page would give you a frame reference to what you can expect,
    http://www.ezlan.net/net_speed.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Daniel - Sydney" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a modem that plugs into my Wireless router and I connect two PC's
    > wirelessly to the router at 54Meg.
    >
    > The router has Ethernet slots for adding wired computors, If I plug in a
    > PC
    > using the Ethernet slots will it connect at 54Meg or at normal Ethernet
    > speeds?
    >
    > thanks

  4. Re: Netwoirk speed on router

    Jack and Barb

    thanks for your replies, following the advice and the link I decided to
    give it a go, I unplugged the wireless adapter and plugged in the ethernet
    cable, brilliant, Windows took care of the rest, I did not have to
    reconfigure
    anything, I am now connected at a reported 100MB, it is a a lot quicker
    and does not drop away.

    thanks again

    regards

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Wireless has its speed, and so is Wire.
    > This page would give you a frame reference to what you can expect,
    > http://www.ezlan.net/net_speed.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Daniel - Sydney" wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I have a modem that plugs into my Wireless router and I connect two PC's
    > > wirelessly to the router at 54Meg.
    > >
    > > The router has Ethernet slots for adding wired computors, If I plug in a
    > > PC
    > > using the Ethernet slots will it connect at 54Meg or at normal Ethernet
    > > speeds?
    > >
    > > thanks

  5. Re: Netwoirk speed on router

    thanks for the update!